THE GRAMMYS

by betty boop 7 Replies latest jw friends

• betty boop
    betty boop

I semi-enjoyed the show, although ive seen better in the past. I LOVED Alicia Keys performance. I think she is very talented and a true artist. She looked so beautiful in her white dress playing the white grand piano. I liked Kanye West's performace and i liked Gwen and Eve as well as Usher. I didnt think anyone elses was that great. I thought JLo and Marc Anthonys performance was the WORST. It was so corny and nauseating. I think most people were rolling their eyes thinking "No one freakin cares you 2 are married!" She also has no singing ability. Whats funny is that a couple of hours before my girlfriends and i were discussing how a lot of people dont like Jennifer Lopez becuase of the decisions shes made with her personal life. However, my friends and i really like her because we all think that shes been able to make herself into the multimillion $$ empire that she done by herself. She was a young Hispanic woman in NYC who is succesful becuase it seemed she worked and continues to work hard for it, so in a way she paved the way for girls like us who are of the same background. So we admire her for the business aspect. As far as the marriages go, i think that she is getting married quickly because she is 35 years old and maybe is thinking she wants to settle down and have a family, but she makes the mistake of rushing into things. Anyway i dont know why all this interests me so much, but anyone have an opinion on the show on Sunday?

• Mulan
    Mulan

I didn't see the show, but I heard several people on TV saying the same things you did about both Alicia Keyes and JLo. One very talented and the other very "not" talented.

• lilybird
    lilybird

The Grammys would have been very much improved if JLo did NOT sing. I love the performance by Meliisa Etheridge with her tribute to Janis Joplin. She also is a great inspiration for women with breast cancer .

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

All I wanted to see was Nancy O'Dell wearing Wendy Pepper's (last week winner of Project Runway) dress.

Did anyone see her wearing a feathery orange dress?

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

It was pretty clear during the JLo/Marc Anthony thing who had the better handle on the spanish language. It was also pretty clear who could sing & who couldn't. Never thought she could. I enjoyed the opening act the best. I missed Melissa Etheridge (Desperate Housewives was on hey!!) but I do enjoy her music. I heard she did wonderful...and she's got the Janis Joplin down!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I too thought Melissa ROCKED!! She has so much courage, she didn't try to cover up her bald head, just came out and belted out the song. I thought she stole the show!

I should add that my boss was just diagnosed and goes in tomorrow for a masectomy and then starts her chemo shortly after. So I spent a good portion of the song crying.

Sherry

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Hey betty, you're a latin girl in NY... right?

Boricua by chance?

Kansas District Overbeer

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I LOVED Alicia Keys performance. I think she is very talented and a true artist. She looked so beautiful in her white dress playing the white grand piano. I liked Kanye West's performace and i liked Gwen and Eve as well as Usher. I.... I thought JLo and Marc Anthonys performance was the WORST. It was so corny and nauseating.

Gotta agree with you on all those points!

PS-I did a little cheer when Prince won, because I was sooo looking forward to seeing him come up on stage and say something totally bizarre. Then they announced he couldn't make it in person. Aw, shucks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit