Why English Food/Beer is better.........Meat Pudding Tales.

by ScoobySnax 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Most English food is overcooked. That includes the seafood. But the beef and kidney pie is delicious.

I know it's not English but the Haggis is very good in Scotland. Thanks LT for turning me on to it.

Yum.

Robyn

• clementine
    clementine

English food is better?????? well, just cross the sea, and come to France... you'll see then ;-))!!!

• the bandersnatch esq.
    the bandersnatch esq.

Bear in mind British food in general was invented to be something hot and filling after a hard day's work. For that, it's a world-leader. French cuisine is designed to entertain your pallette. Both have their good and bad points. For me though, you can't beat a Sunday Roast Dinner with Yorkshire puds, roast taties and lots of gravy.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

UK food disobeys my philosiphy on meat: Never eat anything that the animal used previously to eliminate waste, digest it's food, reproduce, or used for high neurological or immune function.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    Never eat anything that the animal used previously to eliminate waste, digest it's food, reproduce, or used for high neurological or immune function.

What about sausages, they were wrapped in the intestines... sometimes still are.

OH and whats great for breakfast: Bangers and mash. But I don't like bangers made with sole, only with pork or beef.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

LittleToe,

Irongland/Jez:
    Have you actually tasted English food?

One time when we were homeschooling our kids, I found a book of English recipes. We must have been reading Swallows and Amazons or something.

In those days I was big into Chinese and semi-French and more-or-less Indian cooking. My son, then about 13, was tired of it all. The recipes for Yorkshire Pudding, Toad-in-the-hole, Apricot Fool, Trifle, Devonshire cream, and above all... Tiddy Oggy with Scrumpy Sauce ...enraptured him.

Alas, we never tried most of those recipes, and my son eats mostly hippie and vegetarian food now.

Hm, a websearch reveals:

English food as we know it owes a big debt to the Victorians.
    Ah, there's the problem >:)

gently feral

• Englishman
    Englishman

Don't forget that Yorkshire pudding, Steak & Kidney pudding and Black pudding are actually part of the main course, they're not some sort of second dish to be smothered with custard!

Englishman.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Stilla mate... where's the mint sauce??? FMZ absolutely - that is a given

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I once offered Valis some black pudding for breakfast and I thought that he was going to throw up. Weird people these Texans.. Englishman. Well e-man I must confess it is much nicer for lunch fried with chips and an egg on top also with genuine english mustard

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

mmm steak & kidney pies...yorkshire puds....stovers.....beans on toast....fish & chips....mince & tatties...mmmm

I'm hungry...

Never did get the taste for black pudding or haggis.....

SK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit