Do you feel that "all" Christian denomnations should be "abolished"?

by booker-t 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The best way to create a fanatic religious movement is to try to suppress any given religion.

The best way to create a moderate religion is to let them be and hold them to the same laws as secular groups or organizations.

• Badger
    Badger

faith is a great thing, when held by a person...even a group...

the bigger the collective faith gets, and the more powerful a singluar view of the Divine becomes in a society, the harder it is on those that dissent...

...even if that faith is NO faith.

No way. As long as you keep their hands off tax money and the armed forces, religion, organized and disorganized, can be one of the best things a country has.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Yes, all Christian religions should be banned ..

I'm just kidding of course.. but really, even if someone on this board felt that way, would they say so? I doubt it.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Badger brings up a good point.
    Why is it that religious groups and employees are taxed differently.
    THAT I can't understand.

As for folks who state they dislike religion (like the one this thread started with) I genuinely have to ask myself what exposure they truly have had.
    So many people open their mouth and let their baseless assumptions fly out...

• lilybird
    lilybird

I personally don't believe in God and since leaving the org years ago, I have no need or desire for any organized religion. But that is what living in a free society is all about, everyone having the freedom to believe as they choose. I do think as ( sorry I forget which post now) stated, that religions need to be more accountable for things like child abuse. Everyone has different beliefs that is how it should be and how the human spirit flourishes. Some people need religion in their life and it enhances their life. That is a beautiful thing :)

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Yes, all Christian religions should be banned .. I'm just kidding of course.. but really, even if someone on this board felt that way, would they say so? I doubt it.

Personally if i felt that way i would...what would be wrong in expressing that feeling?...why would people prefer not to say so? Just out of interest?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    Personally if i felt that way i would...what would be wrong in expressing that feeling?...why would people prefer not to say so? Just out of interest?

What would be "wrong"? Well, it might offend some people. Some folks hold their religion above all else, so to insult their religion by saying it's worthless, could be in essence an insult to them as well. Why would people prefer not to say so? Well, it my offend some people.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

That is a valid reason and i agree but given some posts id seen on this site people do generally say what they feel irrespective as to others beliefs and fair play to them....each to their own i suppose.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Adolph Hitler spoke of "the Jewish Question" as in, what should we do with them? Should we kill them?

With a similar spirit Religious Conservatives in the US are, in so many words, asking "the Liberal/Secularist/Homosexual Question".

It isn't religious people that should fear being abolished.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit