Found a chink in my wife's armor about the WTBS

by ithinkisee 14 Replies latest members private

• Emma
    Emma

The early baptism seems counter productive to me. As kids head into the teen years, they're going to go through a lot of upheavel. Their bodies change, their thinking changes, they don't think like an adult; studies have shown that their ability to think logically is gone for a while. Yet the org pushes them into baptism, and when they stumble and need families, friends, and support the most, they're shunned. I think a lot of them are lost for good at this point. What if everyone was there for kids at this difficult time?

Emma

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

While your at it....

Ask her why they allow people to wear wedding rings when its known to have pagan origins. Yet they talk about all the holidays that have pagan origins (that they don't allow).

Why do they get to choose which paganisim is ok?

M'

• rebel8
    rebel8

Some tips as to where to go next:

1) Jesus didn't get baptized until he was 33 (according to JWs), why was that?

2) Even Caesar (US govt) doesn't allow kids under 18 to make any significant decisions for themselves, because they realize they aren't mature enough. Examples...vote, drink alcohol, enter into legal contracts, make medical decisions, get married, etc. (Just general examples, I realize there are legal exceptions to those.) Why doesn't WTS recognize that? What's the rush? Why can't they wait until they're 18? It doesn't serve any theocratic purpose in their dogma--unbaptized faithful kids are still resurrectable.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Ask her why they allow people to wear wedding rings when its known to have pagan origins. Yet they talk about all the holidays that have pagan origins (that they don't allow

Good point. The quotes about wedding rings are some of the most bizarre statements ever.

To my knowledge, neither have been retracted:

?We, of course, recognize that rings are used extensively in many pagan rituals. This fact, however, in no wise prohibits their use in any Christian service, particularly when the Bible mentions their use with approval. It is certainly more reasonable to expect that Satan, the mimic god, copied their use from Jehovah, rather than to accept the untenable position that Jehovah copied their use from demonic heathen practices. However, if some prefer to dispense with them in their marriage service, it is their right to do so. On this point let each one feel quite free to do that which is proper and right in his own mind.?-- Watchtower 1952 June 15 pp.361-2

?A passionate woman will not let a ring keep her from committing adultery. The use of a ring in a marriage ceremony should therefore be left to each one's decision according to conscience and local custom..? --Watchtower 1956 September 15 p.571

• Confusedgirl
    Confusedgirl

Hi Ithinkisee,

I am also new to this site and it is interesting, I have a 3 year old son and I have said proudly I would NEVER let my child make any decision that could alter his life, without him having the age and wisdom to make such a commitment. I have received some very nasty unkind comments but I want my son to be happy and if he does not want to be a JW he does not have too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit