Intelligent Design

by Delta20 234 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Derek:
    Maybe that's the major difference between the "believer" and the "unbeliever". Believers don't need external pharmacology to induce such a mind-state

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Ross

What's to say that "God" isn't also evolving...?

That's about the assumption of "Process theology" (e.g. John Cobb).

In a less speculative, or at least systematic, way, I like French liberal Protestant Théodore Monod's poetical idea that "God is yet to come".

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Didier:I only seem to be able to find French documents about him. Do you have access to any English translations or sites?

I'm interested in reading a precis of his opinion.

Thanks in advance

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Ross,

I'm afraid not. Only a few obituaries around the time of his death (2000), which speak more about his naturalist career and his political commitments than his (marginal) theological writings. You'll have to practice your French!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Try http://babelfish.altavista.com

Nothing like trying to understand philosophy translated by a machine

• Pole
    Pole
    Maybe that's the major difference between the "believer" and the "unbeliever". Believers don't need external pharmacology to induce such a mind-state

I honestly believe believing or not believing is linked to the biology of the brain. Objectively speaking of course there's no necessity to believe, I believe .

Pole

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Didier:Would you mind having a brief look at this site, to determine if the translation of thoughts is reasonably accurate?
    Thanks in advance,
    Ross.

http://66.34.92.38/looking.htm

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Ross,

Corinne:

Let's go really wild, for a moment.
    What's to say that "God" isn't also evolving, only several billion years in advance of our own state?

it wouldn't change what I think about it (by now) ...

Would that make him more wise/nice/perfect or wathever on the good sides ? where is the proof of him being wise or perfect for instance ?... What's written in our books that eventually make us believe in such being ??? what in real life ? ... Do we have to think that we are so dumb that we have no idea of what wise and perfection is because we do suffer in this world / in our lives ... ? I guess that's what religious want us to believe ... does it make sense ? only if you want to believe it ...

The probleme with our need to have a god is having him to be our protector and certainly not our butcher in religious matter because of what we can see and what religious want us to believe he is both ... Means that actually if he does existe he haven't been able to make things perfect ! so back to some forme of experiences and no garantie ...

Now intelligent material allow lots of possibilities

• Gosts / other kind of being maybe invisible to us or not means eventually to tiny or not perceptible to us, more or less powerfull, whatever ... but again do not garantie perfection and love ...
    • Manipulation from any understanding of any material (any kind - chemists do already - so there might be different kind of chemist that can work on different areas ...

it open lots of doors even the idea of many gods (somehow ) Aliens (too) - maybe not even our creators ... maybe just beings !

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Ross,

That's another Théodore Monod. The one I referred to was born in 1902 and died in 2000.

• JT
    JT

when you think about it ---using the following phrase belows proves nothing, for what would one expect a book to say about itself

"The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God'." Psalm 53:1 NKJV

you could replace the bible with any book speaking about itself, the Koran, Book of Mormons, Sears, KMart, etc

"The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no Good car sold by FORD'." Ford User Manual pg 3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit