Nursing Mom's and Meetings

by jeanniebeanz 23 Replies latest social family

• Scully
    Scully
    We will bring a chair in the restroom for someone if they ask for one.

If anyone ever told me to breastfeed my babies in a lavatory, I suggested that they should bring their meal in there too. Once people got the visual of themselves dining in a public washroom, they stopped expecting my daughters to take their meals in the restroom.

I realize that it's a private area for people who do not wish to expose themselves in public, but good grief, it's an appalling place to feed a baby. A woman can achieve adequate coverage with a blanket or a shawl.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm all for breastfeeding.

• Scully
    Scully

minimus writes:

I'm all for breastfeeding.

So you admit you're a big baby, huh?

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I think this is just stupid! Breast feeding is original right & natural food for baby, not icky formula.

No woman should have to leave anyplace to brestfeed her baby. What's the big deal about a nipple, it's to feed a baby and if you feel weird explaining that to your kids than you have a serious parental flaw. Can't wait to see how they explain sex!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    We will bring a chair in the restroom for someone if they ask for one.

If anyone ever told me to breastfeed my babies in a lavatory,

We don't suggest this. We don't have a policy. It's fine if they want to nurse their babies under a blanket. No one said anything to her about her exposed breast.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    If anyone ever told me to breastfeed my babies in a lavatory, I suggested that they should bring their meal in there too.

I was in a very crowded, upscale restaurant with my parents and hungry baby (38 years ago) (Dave was working out of town) I didn't want to breastfeed in public, so asked the waiter if there was a place I could go to feed my baby. He left for a minute and came back with the Manager, who ushered me into his office, with a nice couch and pillows. They even brought me something to drink, free.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

There was a "mother's room" at the district convention in Ft. Worth and I remember one memorable convention (one of my last, thank God) where I was breastfeeding Jackson and potty-training Jennie, and between the two of them I heard about 5 words the whole weekend. What a whip.

Nina

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

You are quite right, some of the elder sisters had issues with breastfeeding in the hall or assembly. They come from the Victorian Age and think its prudish to expose their breasts. Interesting though England was a land of debased morals for centuries and it is hard to believe that some still take offense to this.

If a person drapes a recieving blanket over their shoulder you don't see anything unless your really trying to get a veiw and then I would call the person a pervert..

Poztate: Next time I cut my grass I will call you...

Orangefatcat.

ps I won't tell poztate I have no grass to cut. heehehehe

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    If anyone ever told me to breastfeed my babies in a lavatory, I suggested that they should bring their meal in there too.

AMEN!

laters

kaykay_mp

• Poztate
    Poztate

ps I won't tell poztate I have no grass to cut. heehehehe
    DAMM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit