Anyone know the date of this years memorial ?

by londoner 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Purza
    Purza
    that you should ask for a Bible study if you survived all this with your sanity intact

LMAO!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Oh no, no extra meeting for me that week!

I'll make sure to miss all of them, starting with the previous Sunday and I'll return perhaps to the next Book Study meeting.

I'm trying to just attend one meeting per week. That's enough spiritual food for me, really.

DY

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I remember at Bethel they would have a "special meal" on that day. They gave everyone an early dismissal in the morning, and then everyone would go to their rooms and have parties and get a little blitzed and then head down for the "special meal".

I don't remember seeing that in the brochure. . .

ithinkisee

• wednesday
    wednesday

I

don't remember seeing that in the brochure. . .

ithinkisee

lol i see u fit right in to this board

• 81eagle
    81eagle

Anyone kow if there is a hall in Moab Utah? I'll be down there trying to wreck my Jeep with all the other hillbilly rednecks during the Jeep Safari.

• glitter
    glitter

7:40 -- everyone passes the wine around and gives it a good "sniff"

LOL!!

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    speaker rambles for 25 minutes about why most people cannot partake of the emblems

Exactly. The most important date for JWs means being told "Don't drink the wine."

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

John 6:51, 53 - 56.

Jesus said this long before he instituted the new covenant.

I saw a picture on the back of the WT mag, showing the young men passing a plate, from which no one had eaten. Suddenly I thought "what is Christ thinking?"

EAT! For God's sake eat.

I Say no matter what the hope, you need to partake. But now I have come so far I just don't have the energy to care or argue one way or the other.

Just get on with life and I soon found I didn't worry about their Franzian crap anymore...

HB

• Pole
    Pole
    No I dont wan't to go, been there, read the book, seen the film an got the T-shirt. Just curious.

You've got a memorial t-shirt? I want one! Does it have an inscription?

;-)

Pole

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

I got the T-shirt too. No big deal. Just a couple wine stains from when the attendant grabbed the glass out of my hand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit