Anyone know the date of this years memorial ?

by londoner 20 Replies latest jw friends

• londoner
    londoner

No I dont wan't to go, been there, read the book, seen the film an got the T-shirt. Just curious.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

24 March, after sundown of course. BYOB

• londoner
    londoner

Thanks,

always did think it a bit spooky, the after dark thing.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

That reminds me, I gotta go shopping for an outfit! And also need to make plans with other spiritually weaklings as to where it is we're all going for dinner afterwards.

DY

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Have a big meal and a few drinks before you go. Then you can sleep through the talk.

Walter

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

At the memorial mums the word, dont care about it, its about as spiritual as nose picking, something a lot of older ones do when they don't think anyone is looking. i would rather pass at home thanks.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I know. That same old talk is soooooooooooo boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's one annual gathering that I won't miss. I'll miss the annual 'afterwards dinner' with other spiritually weaklings, but not the meeting at all.

DY

• Namasti
    Namasti

Can't stop laughing. You guys are just full of Wit. BYOB--What a blast.

• Purza
    Purza

The 24th is a Thursday night. You know what that means. . . . an extra meeting that week. YAY!!! Thursday's nights meeting will be held on a different day that week. So glad I don't have to worry about that any longer!

Purza

• Gopher
    Gopher

The average schedule for the Memorial at your local Kingdom Hall

7 pm - song ("Lord's Evening Meal") and prayer

7:05 -- speaker rambles for 25 minutes about why most people cannot partake of the emblems

7:30 -- prayer for the bread

7:32 -- everyone passes the bread around and gives it a good "sniff"

7:38 -- prayer for the wine

7:40 -- everyone passes the wine around and gives it a good "sniff"

7:46 -- speaker rambles for 3-4 minutes about not making this the only meeting you attend this year, and what the meeting schedule is, and that you should ask for a Bible study if you survived all this with your sanity intact

7:50 -- concluding song "Hail Jehovah's Firstborn" , prayer, dismissal to local bar or restaurant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit