Evolution a proven fact? LOL

by Rex B13 30 Replies latest jw friends

• waton
    waton

gravity is the action of matter on space that pulls in more matter, an organising force that gave us the sun. matter releasing energy, off which we live. Life is organising matter too, How it started doing that abiogenesis, is still being worked on , as is "gravity". but

Just because we are finding out how things work, the laws, processes, does not mean it is not work in the first place.

May be one day we too, will make airplanes, cars, that design themselves, build themselves, fuel themselves, repair themselves, recycle themselves.

gravity came from matter, matter from energy. energy is uncreated, but has its evolution too.

P.S. The unit for energy is J, by the way. remember the letter.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I never use fossils to try to support evolution. We have DNA for better proof

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" I never use fossils to try to support evolution." Richard Dawkins called the Fossil Record a "bonus" for the Theory of Evolution, not a Foundation.

The firm establishment of the Fact of Evolution by Natural Selection needs no support from us, mere lay persons, anyway. The Scientific community has done its work for over a Century proving it as Truth. A number of branches of Science use it in the work they do. Of course, as with any Scientific Theory, new knowledge adds to it, which is why it is called a Theory, it is not set in stone, but the Fact of Evolution as a process by which Flora and Fauna got to where we are today will not be overturned.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Creationists’ arguments against evolution are all moot, IMO.

On a fundamental level, they reject it for ideological reasons, not scientific ones.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Quotes don't matter. What matters is that evolutionists are the most closed minded people there can be. It is totally obvious that evolution could not have occurred.

Simply examining the sexes proves that. Evolution is about random mutations and then if the mutation adds to or enhances the organization it stays but if not it goes away. That is what natural selection is said to be.

But how can asexual reproduction mutate to male and female? Forming separate but complementary organs? It's impossible. It can only be done by intelligent design. But evolutionists will say, that it happened as evolution is true and then they will insult those not believing in it.

It does not matter what Darwin said. The fact is that eyes and ears could never evolve as there would be no point in them for life.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Where's Cofty when you need him?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Rattigan,

I used to feel exactly the same way, even laughing and mocking evolution educators for their beliefs, I mocked them as a JW kid in high school and then professors in university. Then I decided to look at the evidence for myself. I humbled my ego enough to recognise I didn't really have a clue what I was talking about or even understood the words I was using, as they were all phrases, terms and ideas passed on to me by JW literature. I was just parroting them.

The JW's had lied about so, so much , I didn't trust anyone, so I decided to explore the evidence for myself as the only person's motives I could be sure of ...were my own!

It takes seconds to dismiss a theory of science such and evolution, it also takes just seconds to read a religious explanation to an unknown such as 'god created the heavens and the earth.' I don't say this to judge, but to compare....it takes a very long time, years in fact, to explore academic literature. Even with grit, determination and huge amounts of effort it takes years to appreciate 'the science of evolutionary theory' .......it takes a good year or so to even appreciate fully what those words even mean. Not because you or religious people are ill equiped, but because this is immensely complex. How long would it take you to become expert enough in nuclesr fusion to be able to accept or defy latest theories in that field? Minutes, hours, weeks, months, years? Biology and genetic diversification is no different. We are all ignorant on this topic from birth!

What I concluded when I researched evolution is rightly IRRELEVANT to you, because it is MY answer and MY perspective snd your answer may differ, even if you walk the same path. I will tell you however, I am so ashamed that I mocked those educators. I am so ashamed to have mocked and doubted the integrity of such people as Darwin, Wallace and modern scientists. Darwin did more for exploring truth in one day of his exhausting hard work, than I did for half a lifetime as a JW, who the hell was I to mock or besmirch him? Scientists that spend their lives dedicated to trying to understand the universe better, how do we compare with what we accomplish for society and truth? Maybe that consideration will aid our humility in a beneficial way,

I truly hope you take the time to even just explore the topic.

By the way, the language and examples someone uses very quickly identifies how much scientific reading on the topic they have done. No offence but even your choice of words shows you don't have even the most basic understanding of natural selection, of evolution. That is not an insult, nobody is born with knowledge of nuclear fusion, quadratic equations or genetic mutation. It has to be worked hard at and earned.

PM me if you want some good book suggestions, I can help narrow that time spent researching and exploring, depending where you want/need to start. Many ex JW's don't appreciate the sub topics , i.e. physics leading to chemistry leading to biology, then under the umbrella of biology abiogenesis and only THEN diversification, genetic mutation, natural selection etc. Depending on where you want to start and how much you need to resd first, I can have plenty of sggestions.

Have you read much on the scientific method istelf? Do you appreciate what it means to 'do science'? Do you accept data if gathered appropriately via the scientific method? Best to start here if not!

Oh and one last thing, you are right..... an eye or an ear would have to be functional at every mutational state for it to dominate a species genetics. How on esrth did they evolve functionally over millions of years? Great question! Do you want to know the answer.....? The answers aren't hard to find and you can go as deep with the answers as you want. Try a very basic answer first, start with the evolution of an eye..... read this.....

https://www.nature.com/articles/eye2017226

• waton
    waton
    It is totally obvious that evolution could not have occurred.

R: it is obvious that evolution did and does occur. It is the tool that a possible creator uses to develop the world. not just life,

even the laws of nature might have "evolved" by trial and error. erroneous laws would not create a universe, just have the trial situation revert back to chaos, to energy.

sex is the most enjoyable evolutionary creative tool there is, inho.

• shadowclone
    shadowclone

Rattigan, simple but powerful. Insurmountable really

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

snare and racket:

I didn't really have a clue what I was talking about or even understood the words I was using, as they were all phrases, terms and ideas passed on to me by JW literature. I was just parroting them.

The JW's had lied about so, so much ,

I'm not talking about phrases and terms from literature. I'm talking about reality.

Evolution is DNA changing. DNA within the reproductive process, through changing the DNA within the sperm and eggs (that is post sperm and egg) so that the next generation will have mutations. It is thought that the sun makes skin dark and that is why people have dark skin. No. Getting sun burnt does not change the DNA for the next generation.

Threee people commented on my comment, but where is the evidence? Natural selection is defined as "the process whereby organisms better adapted to their environment tend to survive and produce more offspring." That would explain animals with sight adapted to their environment and surviving, but not how they even got eyes. Vocal cords are used for warning others and that would help them survive. But that does not explain the formation of vocal cords and speaking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit