False Light....

by Bryan 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bryan
    Bryan

The Watchtower Bible & Track Society Inc. says they are at times receiving "New Light" from Jehovah God. But can it really be called "New" Light?

In 1889 the Watchtower Bible & Track Society Inc. published:

"And that the battle of the great day of God almighty which will end in AD 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth?s present rulership has already commenced."

Then they had new light:

"The gentile times prove that the present governments must all be overturned by AD 1915."

Then more new light:

"The time of the end began in 1799, that the Lord?s second presence began in 1874."

I'll even leave 1975 out of this discussion.

Then the new light was that Christ's second coming was in 1914 and the end would come seventy or eighty years later.

Now the latest new light is that when Jesus said, "this generation", he didn't mean, "generation", he meant "exteneded period of time".

So, if this "New Light" is coming from Jehovah God, why does it need to be replaced? Why would God give false light which would need to be replaced by "New Light"?

Why wouldn't God tell the Watchtower Bible & Track Society Inc. the truth in the first place?

Why is this so hard to see from inside the collective Borg?

My quotes were taken form the link below.

Judicial Committee Meeting of James Caputo

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Gill
    Gill

Because...they haven't understood the meaning of the light properly, so they have to update their understanding of the light with new light...and when the new light is wrong and they understand that, they have to update their understanding of the new light and....

Anyway they're not perfect! They're only human. So what do you expect from God's only mouthpiece on earth!

• Bryan
    Bryan

I think "God's only mouthpiece on earth" has a lisp.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I think the whole theory of new light is flawed. There is no precedent in the bible. They say the light gets brighter as a loving provision from Jehovah; because we cant handle the whole truth all at one time. Bollocks!!! (I just love that word)

1. The nation of Israel accepted the whole complex Law with in one day. How is it that we are still getting new light 126 years on, considering the relatively simple law of the Christ?

2. We expect new bible students to accept and understand the whole range of radically different witness teachings while rejecting their old ways in a very short period of time. Yep they get dumped on with new light, why can?t Jehovah dump all the new light on us at once.

James Caputo wonderfully proved that the first 4 pres. of the society were false prophets. Those elders would not see it. Why? The same reason it took me so long to get to this point. The truth has been my life for more than 3 decades. It?s a hard pill to swallow that you've been doing the wrong thing for that long. When your whole life revolves around an organization and one day that org is gone or worse wrong, it?s almost like your life is gone. Have you ever been in an abusive relationship with another person? Same thing. Why do people have a hard time leaving? Now what if that abusive person held your future in his/her hands?
    I pity those elders on James' committee. I pity witnesses who can?t see the org for what it is, just like I would pity someone staying in an abusive relationship.

IPSec

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Anyway they're not perfect! They're only human. So what do you expect from God's only mouthpiece on earth!

Right, I'd be cool with them if they acted like they arent perfect. They can say "we're imperfect" all day long, but if they demand complete submission from me their actions say "we are perfect"

Just using imperfection as an excuse to cover their false prophet bee hind.

IPSec

• Bryan
    Bryan

Very true IP.

As well, the "New Light" doen't really follow a correct course.

To say Christ came in the late 1800's, then to later say he came in 1914 is to admit that the first light was wrong.

Now, if the WBTS were to come out and say, Jehovah says we must all move to Montana to our new commune to wait out Armageddon, then that is "New Light". They did not, 40 years earlier say they would be going to New Jersey.

See what I mean lerkers?

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I prefer to call it "New Flash Light"

Afterall, it's really just a flash in the pan.

Now, can anyone tell me where that term comes from? I know, but do you?

Hugs and Sunlight! (It's much warmer and far more tangible)

Brenda

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

well... God just thought they werent' ready for the right light yet...

• Bryan
    Bryan
    Now, can anyone tell me where that term comes from? I know, but do you?

No, where does it come from? Someone's ass?

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Honesty
    Honesty

All that new light!!! Just like the elder that told me that there would be some new light explaining why the WTBTS joined the UN.

Well folks, the new light and the old light and the flashing light all come from the organisation's Father. His name is Satan and he loves his sons on the Governing Body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit