Were You Really That Much Harmed Because You Were A Witness?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Gordy
    Gordy

Well if you call developing acute clinical depression, attempted suicide, break up of family etc NOT being harmed. Then I guess not

• RescueMe
    RescueMe
    When you are a small child thinking you will die

That was one of the reasons that got me started on my quest to learn more about the JW's. I knew someone who at 20 years old said they were surprised to still be alive, and had expected to die many years ago. I was horrified at the idea that one would tell a child that sort of thing.

• minimus
    minimus

Hmmm, I still say, I don't expect to live long.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I'm sure it all depends on the individual and their personality. Some are just stronger and more resiliant than others. On the other hand I find it hard to believe that anyone could enter an organization based on lies, guilt, shunning and hypocrisy and leave unscathed. And it seems that most here could write volumes on how its affected them, and not in any positive ways.

• RescueMe
    RescueMe

minimus:

I don't expect to live long.

Well I know that I won't, but even if I knew for certain that my children were going to die, I would never tell them that. Children should be carefree and happy without worry for as long as we can give them that.

Effervescent, I simply love your avatar.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Yes and let me count the ways. I was told that I was stupid all the time, I wasn't allowed to continue with my sport team and mid term was told I couldn't play extra ciricular sports. I was forced it leave junior high school, brided into becoming a pioneer, was emotionally verbally and mentally abused. I was told to forgive people who hurt me with their cruel intentions. I was accused of being an alcoholic, and was reproved both privately in front of my family and then publicly in front of the congregation. I thought that was such a sham but my dad was determined to make sure I was reallly humbled for what I was accused of doing. I was slandered, I was unjustly accused of not being a good pioneer and for not wearing makeup and doing my hair in curlers I was mocked and scorned. Do I hate JWS oh yes indeed, they are a rotten bunch of hypocrites.

One sister broke my new television that I paid $1000.00 for I asked that they pay for the repairs and the mother of this teenager went to the elders and accused me of being materialistic and forcing them to pay for the TV. what shite.

I have bled for the society, I ruined my health for the society, I dieted for the society so I wouldn't be accused of being a glutton and a pig as Iwas called by my father, mother, and exhusband, and they all lied about it and pointed fingers at each other. I have been told how to live, what brothers I could and couldn't go out with. I couldn't attend get to gethers because my mother and father thought I would get in trouble and the list goes on and on and on like the energizer bunny.

Yes let me count the ways the organization and its people harmed me and almost committed suicide twice because of their loving kindness. I lost my first baby because of undo stress .=The Circuit Overseer promised he would visit me at the hospital and he never showed up and for the other countless times I have been hospitalized and my own family only came once and no elders or ministeral servants visited me when I was extremely ill in the hospital. Yes in deed the organization is a place that says on thing and does another they tell you to love one anther and they aren't there for you when you feel you are spiritually shipwrecked. An elder who told me I was a shallow christian. Can you feel all that love. Oh and my favourite one is gossip, stinking lying gosssip . May God do unto them what they did to me or didnn't do to me.

Am I bitter? Absouletly not, I am now a stronger free thinging person with such a love of life that I no longer care about what others think of me.

I am free and I am no longer oppressed or suppressed or depressed because of the WTS. The greater part of hypocrisy exists in the four walls of Bethel and the Governing Body of Jehovah's witness. I am a survivor. Thank God he answered my prayers in 1999 and with his Holy Spirit I broke free of the chains of oppression.

Orangefatcat.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Were You Really That Much Harmed Because You Were A Witness?

Since I was raised as a social outcast, and then turned on by the only members of the human race that I was allowed to know, then yes I'd have to say I was harmed very much because of being a witness.

J

• freedom96
    freedom96
    did your being a JW hurt you all that much????

I don't think so, as I don't allow it to control my life. Do I wish some things were different growing up? Yes, for sure. But what happened, happened, and now I concentrate on being the best person I can be.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Probably not as bad as the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses wish I had been. Nor as bad as they themselves may very well one day be harmed by the Judge of all the universe because of their unscriptural teachings and practices.

• snakeizz
    snakeizz

1,000 x's YES!!!!!!

but there was a lesson to learn for all of it....I am who I am now because of the experience...and I know who God is now.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit