Comment someone gave on Today's Watchtower re: great tribulation 

by cappytan 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    How anyone could obey these men as if they are prophets. I was brought up in this religion at the age of 5 and was able to figure this was BS before I turned 19. Just a little critical thinking and they could see through the lies.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I think many JWs have dissonance, but where else can they go?? They are in too deep. There are community ties that bind. It takes a huge effort to break away. 

I make a point to tell everyone that when the GT strikes, you won't find me cowering in a basement. I will be following Jesus' advice to raise my head, because my deliverance is at hand! I look them in the eye and say that I have zero worries about the GT.

You would be surprised at the responses you will get. Lots of dubs say,"Yeah, what is there to worry about?" Not a GB approved response.

DD

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Are we in the same hall ??? lol heard the same thing
  • compound complex
    compound complex

"One must command from each what each can perform, the king went on.

"Authority is based first of all upon reason. If you command your subjects to jump into the ocean, there will be a revolution. I am entitled to command obedience because my orders are reasonable."

THE LITTLE PRINCE, by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    "We may get instructions that don't make sense or they may defy logic, but we must be obedient to the faithful slave if we want to survive."

That sums up what being a modern-day Jehovah's Witness is all about.

Following God, Jesus Christ, the truth, the Bible, or one's conscience means nothing.  The only thing that counts is following an Organization.

What is the only one of the above concepts not fount in the Bible?  Following an Organization.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Isaiah 1:18 (King James)

"18 Come now, and let us reason together..."

I remember an elder who would often quote this scripture to show people the true religion must always make sense, be reasonable.

How the thinking of JWs has changed!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    ScenicViewer 30 minutes ago

Isaiah 1:18 (King James)

"18 Come now, and let us reason together..."

And many other versions: http://biblehub.com/isaiah/1-18.htm

Reasoning?

No soup for you!

One year!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Those quotes from the Watchtower speak volumes that this religion is a cult , what reasonable intelligent person  would accept that logic ,  I ask you.

These people need to be brainwashed to get this crap out of whats left of their grey matter that is still ,  hopefully ,  functioning .

smiddy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

yep, these sort of comments really helped me to be certain of my "awakening" to The Truth About The Truth!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

What happened to the biblical thought of "offering yourselves with YOUR POWER OF REASON"??

Romans 12:1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit