Comment someone gave on Today's Watchtower re: great tribulation 

by cappytan 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cappytan
    cappytan
    "We may get instructions that don't make sense or they may defy logic, but we must be obedient to the faithful slave if we want to survive."

All I could think about was that these were the same kind of people that would have gulped down the Kool Aid at Jonestown without hesitation.

Pardon the language, but what the actual f**k? Even when I wasn't a doubter and bought in to the organization, it was always with a view to what was in line with scripture. 

Something that defies scriptural logic or sense should always be questioned.

I was quite sad for these followers today. I had to get up and go to the bathroom because I was choked up with sorrow and tears.

• blondie
    blondie
    Actually this is a quote from a study WT from the last 2 years....who has the quote?
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Delusional people...

Gullible people...

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

w13 11/15 p. 20 par. 17 - Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes—What They Mean for Us Today
    At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

w13 11/15 p. 20 par. 17 - Simplified Edition

At that time, the direction that you receive from Jehovah’s organization may seem strange or unusual. But
    all of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether we agree with them or not, because obeying these instructions will save our lives.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Just prior to the invasion of the Romans against the Jews, the Christian leaders (primarily the apostles) received revelation to move the people to safe locations well out of the way of Jerusalem -- many Christians going to Pella in Syria. It sounds as if "the slave" (geeesh, I hate that term) thinks they're going to somehow get the same guidance from God prior to the tribulation. This is a dangerous game for a leadership that's been so wrong so many times before.

Up until now, no one in the slave class has seen a verifiable angel or received any sort of revelation; however, it sounds as though they're expecting it.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

How about raising hand and adding this to the comment:

Because of this scenario in the future the Governing Body is gearing us up towards absolute obedience even now perhaps by giving some orders which appear no practical such as the ban on higher education. This may seem impractical to some and some elders have been removed thus making way for the complete obedience that will be needed in the future.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Cold Steel: "Up until now, no one in the slave class has seen a verifiable angel or received any sort of revelation; however, it sounds as though they're expecting it."

I don't think they believe in their own BS. There's something more sinister going on. What it is, is anyone's guess. Milking the flock one last time before flying to some resort with a luxury mansion? Who knows?

Broke Watchtower, that's a good line. Anyone who uses it will get it from the elders though. 

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Yeah I went a little over board on it but tactfully given I'm sure one could get away with it, just change some of the syntax, omit certain words, or change wording to make it seem more innocent it takes an acquired skill to get some to feel a tinge of dissonance perhaps if only subconsciously. Little seeds of doubt that hopefully sprout.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. wants diligent loyalty out of people, they need that to sustain all the power and money they have acquired out the gullibly exploited from the past.

We're not commercialized false prophets and never have been.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Milking the flock one last time before flying to some resort with a luxury mansion?

I'll have you know that luxury mansion is for Elijah, Moses and the apostle John. The slave may stay on the premises until the three of them come. You know...to make sure the slave's slaves change the sheets and all. It did come as a shock that the three prophets are all expected to make their appearance at Malibu, but you never know about these things. We're not at the slave's pay grade and all. In addition, the holy men will be given their own luxury and sports cars, which the slave will maintain until their arrival.

The slave may also stay on site after the three holy men arrive, an advent one member of the Governing Body said wouldn't surprise him if it wasn't "invisible." The GB member, who wishes to remain anonymous, added, "So many wonderful events have happened in our era that rivals all the great and magnificent events that happened in the days of the prophets and apostles. That they're all invisible in our day shouldn't matter to the faithful. Jehovah has established 'the Truth,' chosen the Society from among all Christian churches as His and has enthroned our Lord and Savior, Michael the Archangel -- Jesus to you -- in the heavens. And most significantly, He has given His organization to this wicked system of things, of which we're grateful to be a part."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit