How much RAM do you have on your machine?

by Pole 45 Replies latest social entertainment

• holly
    holly

ram? ? is that something to do with megabite thingies?

• Odrade
  • onacruse
    onacruse

756M

I was thinking of going to 2G, but I was told that Windows only utilizes 1G max.

??

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I was thinking of going to 2G, but I was told that Windows only utilizes 1G max.

I believe that Win98se supported 1gig max. The support for Winxp is 4 gig. The motherboard you use will affect how windows can use memory. I would not stick a lot of memory into a MB that was originally used for 98se

Having said that I have only 512 on a Winxp system. My daughter has 1024(two sticks) on xp

Depends on what you are running.Games like to suck up ram the most.

756M

Sounds like an oddball number ?? Do you have ram integrated into your motherboard ??

As far as I know ram is sold 256, 512, or 1 gig I may not be up to date so things may have changed.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Poz:

"756M" Sounds like an oddball number ?? Do you have ram integrated into your motherboard ??

Hey, so who ever said I could multiply or add?? LOL

Let's see: 256+512=768.

I run Windows 98SE, so that's it.

One of these days, I'll just have to suck it up and send Billy yet some more money for an upgrade to XP.

Lord knows he needs it!

• Valis
    Valis

hey stupid head...are ya gonna send me that drive or no? onaisistic absent minded bastard!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• onacruse
    onacruse
    hey stupid head...are ya gonna send me that drive or no?

I think I'd best just start over, with a few modifications to my original game-plan.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings, eh?

[edit] the WTS

• seven006
    seven006

G4 - 3 Gigs
    G5 - 6 Gigs
    Pentium 3 PC piece of shit - don't know, don't care.

Dave

• Poztate
    Poztate
    One of these days, I'll just have to suck it up and send Billy yet some more money for an upgrade to XP.

Lord knows he needs it!

Bill is just a poor boy and needs the money....But if I were you I would not just "upgrade" to XP if you are planning to use the same computer. There are lots of things that just will not work on an XP upgrade from a Win 98 system.

Bite the bullet and buy new if you can.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    G4 - 3 Gigs
    G5 - 6 Gigs
    Pentium 3 PC piece of shit - don't know, don't care.

pffffft

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit