Did the bookstudy overseer ever phone you for your "time" and nothing else?

by truthseeker 27 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

This happened fairly recently.

My book study overseer who NEVER calls if I am absent at the meeting, will call me with clockwork regularity at the beginning of the month and ask for my field service report.

Has this ever happened to you?

I mean, you could be missing for weeks, you won't hear from your BS Overseer, then he'll call you for your time.

They suck.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

All the time near the end...

Jean

• upside/down
  • Honesty
    Honesty

He finally quit calling except to have the other dubs drive by to see who was visiting.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Oh yes -and when I was a BS conductor I did the same

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Yep I haveta call the same 5 ppl every month. I've just started calling 1 time and if they dont turn in time, then they dont turn in time. Only reason I call is cuz the Secretary will wonder whats up with me if i dont.

It suxor that I supose to go badgering ppl for a slip of paper. I cant wait 'til the GB does away with it. :P

IPSec

It suxor that I supose to go badgering ppl for a slip of paper
    Tehe sorry too much beer.
  • ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Yup this is standard practice. It's all about the numbers, especially when the CO comes knocking.

IP you are one funny drunk elder.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I cant wait 'til the GB does away with it.

As obsesses as they are with statistical information..........unless it starts costing them money, it'll never happen.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

We were on the secretary's speed dial. I never turned in my time so he would always call. He seemed very annoyed, but heck, I didn't want to put my lies on paper!

Kwin

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Once, the bookstudy conductor called asking for my time, and when I revealed that I had no time to turn in for that month, he said "You mean you went a WHOLE MONTH without talking to anybody about Jehovah?!?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit