Diary of a nobody

by New Worldly Translation 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Can any of you brits remember being told you couldn't dance round the maypole cos it was pagan?

Brits...What do they know...(kidding) edit Canada was definitely forbidden with the maypole...BAD

They were very closed minded about it all and wouldn't accept the society was using lies and subterfuge. In fact my mother said something strange, she said so what if all these things 607, 1914, 1919, disfellowshipping, abuse scandals and covering ups are wrong, all that doesn't change Jehovah's plan to destroy the wicked and bring a new world.

That is called a closed mind.They do not and will not think about it. You are in good company here. Most of us have been where you are now.

There is no easy answer but this board can help you to work your way through it.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Welcome NWT!

Jean

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

You are not alone. :)

• under74
    under74

Welcome to the forum New Worldly. Thanks for sharing your story. As wolfgirl said, you're not alone.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

NWT,

You are not alone, I can totally relate to your story (I am also 28) and believe me life is better with the org, go back to school, it's not to late . Where there is a will there is a way!

Dragonlady76

• unique1
    unique1

I can completely understand and relate as I think most people on this board can. Seeking a therapist helped me immensely and I am happier now than I have ever been. I know how much it hurts when parents won't accept you for who you are and what you believe. I still have a hard time dealing with that and I feel that I always will, but you learn to accept them for who they are.

As far as your job, I know here in the US we can take classes online, some colleges (accredited) offer full Bachelor's degrees on line. Perphaps you could go back to school. Most of your credits from Community College should transfer and you will only have to go for two more years. Look into it. Finding a good job can help you become happier more than you realize. I didn't realize how much my old job (which I hated) affected me until I found a new job.

PS. If you are sure that you are good looking, then you have more self confidence than you realize. It will take time, but I think you will find you will be happier and more confident in due time, not being fed lies on a regular basis.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

You will find that so many of us have the same story... very weird similarities. I was born in 1974, I too was home schooled, although I live in the USA. I was raised poor and we were looked down on in the congregation. I had questions, I ended up leaving and currently take college classes even though I am years behind. I went into couseling though when I was about 25 and really got my head on straight.

You will get there. Change is a really hard thing, especially when you realize that everything you have believed isn't true. It's like being told gravity isn't true. I believed with all my mind and heart in Armeggedon and suddenly one day it didn't make sense anymore, but it took years for me to finally "get it" ... so give yourself time to recover, keep working at your education. You are young, and have a great future ahead of yourself. Don't stress too much or worry too much. Take enjoyment in the simple things and I promise things will work out for you in time.

Sending you some hugs!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hello, NWT, and welcome!

I was two years older than you and got involved with the WTS (d2d) and it took me 30 years to figure out what YOU recognized at a much younger age!

So many of the posters here have gone on to get a great education, and are quite a bit older than you are. The world is open to you and you are now free to persue ANYTHING that interests you. It's a very enlightening feeling!

I wish you every happiness.

hugs,

Annie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

NWT

You are 20 years younger than I was when learning the 'truth about the truth'. I will hit 50 this year, having spent virtually all my life believing the fantasy until a few short months ago. It will take a little time to find a real life to live - I am still working toward that myself. But each day it gets easier and clearer, as the fog disipates and the sun shines.

Good luck to you. Welcome aboard!!

Jeff

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Wow, I can totally relate to your entire life! I guess lots of others can too. It's weird, but I think a lot of us end up the same way. I too had no friends as a teenager because the kids in the congregation had "drifted off" and can't associate with worldlings. And so now I'm sort of shy and awkward, it's so silly, I'm 26 and have been out for 5 years, but still feel so weird inviting or being invited to dinner, etc by a workmate and my first thought is always "come up with an excuse of why you can't go" and then I say, what am I thinking? I'm not a JW!

Anyway, thanks for sharing, you'll slowly make more friends in the real world, and these boards just keep you grounded and remind you why you do some of the things you do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit