Sheesh, men. He's Not Going to Call, Is He?

by SixofNine 30 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

He said he wanted to get back together this very afternoon. He didn't even want to wait till tonight. That's been 2 1/2 hours.

He'd called me after seeing an ad I'd placed online and in a local magazine. He seemed enthused from the start on the phone... oh, he had the usual questions, but not too many. "In good shape?" etc etc. This one was kind of weird; he wanted to know if it "was all black?". I assured him it is all black, and he seemed pleased. I joked that "once you go black, you'll never go back", and he seemed even more pleased.

He wanted to leave right then to meet with me, he was coming from a town 30 miles away or more. I agreed, but not at my house. And that was that; we'd meet in 45 minutes. Damn this was going quick!

He showed up on time, even a bit early. I parked, and he got out of his all black Mercedes and walked over to my truck, giving it a look over. We made small talk, and he asked a few personal questions; "why was I doing this?", "have you found something new?".

I offered him to go for a ride (I really wanted this to work), but he declined. "I know what it's like" he said. That seemed strange, I'd never heard that from a man before. He assured me though, that he liked what he saw, and that he wanted it. "I like, I like" he repeated.

I noticed he kept one hand in his pocket the whole time we talked. On closer examination, I saw some sort of steel rod running along his wrist into his pocket, and I realized that that was not a wrist at all, but a prosthetic arm. I thought "he must be shy about pulling that thing out, that's why he didn't take me up on the offer for a ride".

And then he was gone, with a promise to call me this afternoon, and he'd "come get it" then.

It all seems too quick and too easy. He's not going to call is he? He's not going to buy my truck, is he?

• Bryan
    Bryan

No Six... he's not. But he did save money by switching to Geico!

Bryan

Have You Seen Mt Mother

• Valis
    Valis

Eh Sixie...I didn't know you fancied a bit of the olde prosthetic delicto...

• Brummie
    Brummie

He could be checking out other local truck talent. Maybe he's got his *hand* full at the mo and will get back to you later.

Funny story though

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

That guy must be retarded. Your truck is cool (if the one you're planning to sell is the one you gave me a ride to CVS in during the fest). When I win the lottery, I'll buy your truck, dude.

laters

kaykay_mp

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Damn you Sixy, I was getting all excited in aticipation of a part II with some hot, Prosthetic luvin :(

p.s. how do you know it was a Prosthetic arm, and not perhaps handcuffs that he cut in two when he escaped from teh prison bus huh? ;)

• kls
    kls

This is to funny to be a normal person so you are definitely nuts,,,,,,,,lol

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hi Sixofnine,

I urge you DO NOT bring out the candles or CRACK the bottle of wine.

This man will obviously not buy your truck and you are just getting your hopes up if you think he will give you all you want for IT.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

You got a dually right? How muich you want for that truck?

CG

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I joked that "once you go black, you'll never go back",

Sounds so familiar. You had me worried if I remembered who sixofnine was. When you said all black. I got confused..LMAO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit