Defending and Legally Establishing the Truth - Barb Anderson

by Dogpatch 24 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

GO, BARB & JOE!!! Woo-hoo! You are heroes for your bravery, tenacity, and sheer dog-stubbornness to have carried the case this far. Don't ever give up.

Nina

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

yeah!!!

Go Barbara & Joe

That goes double for me!!!!

Kick ass and take no prisoners

• JustUs
    JustUs

WOW !!!!

• avishai
    avishai

What big tex said

• Puternut
    Puternut

It's getting hot in here.....just a matter of time now.

Puternut

• one
    one
    Apparently, this was done to keep the Witnesses from believing any unfavorable statements we made on the program because disfellowshipped Jehovah's Witnesses are not to be believed.

this was also done as preemptive measure... look what the wt had in mind for the future.

They further contend that this court's subjecting an ecclesiastical tribunal's decision to excommunicate congregation members to secular court review conflicts with precedents of both the US Supreme Court and the TN Supreme Court.
    However, when the Defendant's filed a motion for Interlocutory Appeal

Is it required in TN ?

this same judge succumbed to their wish after he held a very brief hearing on February 5, 2004, and allowed the case to go to the Tennessee Appellate Court

It will take at least a year before briefs are filed and pleadings heard.

why so long?, it is 2005 anyway

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Excellent, excellent, excellent. Go get 'em. ---Dan

• loveis
    loveis

In this previous thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/84489/1.ashx

it was said that only count 8 was appealed. Yet, from Barbara's own words, she makes it sound as if all counts were appealed. ????? The WT certainly would have appealed all 8 counts if it could have done so, so was it the decision of the judge to only allow count 8? (Is this something special about the TN legal system, that the judge has to specially approve any interlocutory appeals?)

Any clarifying comments are welcome.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Great story Barb! As I sat here reading it I thought how just 10 years ago,without the internet,this story would never have gotten the exposure it is getting now.I am also among those who believe that these jw pedophiles should be prosecuted and no longer protected so as to not "bring shame upon jehovah's name".

• Mary
    Mary
    The brief ends with these words: "It can not be a policy of this state to permit the disfellowshipping of those who seek to protect the precious lives of young children. The Defendants can not hide behind purported constitutional privilege to continue their tortious conduct and maintain their conspiracy of silence to the detriment of young children of the church."

Amen.

Way to go Barb! I'm glad to see someone taking these bastards down a peg or two. Personally, I think the Governing Body members should all have their asses slung in jail for allowing thousands of innocent children to be the victims of abuse. I hope there's a special place in hell for these guys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit