Memorial Attendance Figures 2001

by gsark 14 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

I agree with Moxy that numbers for one event, the Memorial over a two year time period might not tell much. I think the same can be said for the peak in publishers. I think a better number to look at, is the average number of publishers over a long period of time. If you go to the freeminds website, you can access graphs that show this information. Basicly, the data shows that in about 23 developed nations, the JWs have shown zero growth over the last three years despite all the door to door work and the raising of their children in the religion. The only growth is in third world countries. If you want to look at a detailed discussion of the stats, you can go to the thread "JW Decline" on this board. It can be found by using the search function at the top of this page.

• dins
    dins

I remember the Memorial and it wasn't so bad compared to the other meetings because it was shorter and I got to see all the weird bible studies that were paraded in!{:0)}

They probably even count babies...

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Gsark: Did you happen to get the number of Memorial Partakers? It always fascinates me when this number changes significantly up or down. It hung around 8,500 for years when I was a JW. I don't know the latest figures. Thanks again for this info. - Amazing

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Gsark,

A good information. I do believe that your figures
    are correct.

To Gopher:

"So they must be having trouble starting new Bible studies to generate any increase in Memorial attendance."

You've made a good point. It is the same around Western Europe.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• gsark
    gsark

No Partaker numbers were given but I am not sure that those numbers are for public consumption anyway. But I'm sure the local congregation elders know by now, maybe elder lee or bill bowen or any one of those fine people can clue us in. BTW at a convention total of 10,878 there were 63 baptisms and 1000 volunteers. (This was in Los Angeles.)

What amazed me were the unbelievable ratio of young v old in the audience. There must have been one person over 50 for every 20 or 30 persons under 25. I could count on both hands the number of elderly ones, and also the number of infants. I haven't attended a convention in a few years, but maybe another person on this board can clue us in to any trends. Times they be a changin'....

Life is a roller coaster. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit