Methods of "reproving"??

by wordlywife 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

My husband was publicly reproved for marrying me. They took away his commenting priviledges at meetings too. They also did a little talk about keeping the congregation pure....blah blah blah.

It was humiliating for him and I almost cried.

There is no love in the WTS.

I am sorry for your daughter. Maybe this will help her to see that they are not the embodiment of true "Christian" Love.

• blondie
    blondie
    Sounds as though she won't be allowed to Pioneer or get to go to Pioneer School. Is this something that is announced? Is is public or private? What is Pioneer School? Is this decision made and executed by a judicial committee? How long will this last for her? I can't bear it for her, her self esteem is already hard to come by, and now this. Sorry for all the questions.

Pioneer school is a two-week period at the end of the first year of regular pioneering. It is conducted by the CO usually, perhaps 2 COs if 2 circuits are combined. It can be held at a kingdom hall, or an assembly hall in rooms there. Meals are provided and those far away stay with JW families in the area. I doubt they will announce she is not going to it but:

Reproof can be private, in front of the people who know only, or public very similar to an announcement of disfellowshipping except that people will still be able to talk to her. It is the same process as disfellowshipping with a judicial committee. Reproof means that the JC felt she was properly repentant. They will announce that she is no longer a regular pioneer. She may have restrictions placed on her, not being able to comment or read scriptures at a meeting, not be in the ministry school, not be used in demonstrations in the service meeting. There is not much they can take away from a woman in the WTS organization. Restrictions usually last around a year but can be longer or less depending on the body of elders.

A special needs talk may be given later addressing the problems that led to this but withOUT naming names, though those close to her will know they are talking about her.

Love, Blondie

• Chia
    Chia

Your poor stepdaughter. She is fortunate to have you in her life as support. I agree with everything Blondie says. I would like to add this. It sounds like, by what you're saying, that your daughter is already a regular pioneer. If that is the case, even is she is privately reproved(meaning that it isn't announced before the congregation), the elders still will have to announce that she is no longer a regular pioneer, and it'll be obvious that she isn't commenting. And if it's a party that a lot of "young ones" know about, then a lot of people will know why. It's such an unfair system. She did the "right thing" by coming forward, and yet she gets penalized still. I feel so sad for her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit