Caught in a Trap...

by Pensive 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

hello and welcome to JWD. Friend I find this to be quite bizzare. Your mate Pete says he is a JW and acts somewhat like a witness should and he is leading a double life. I am in no postion to tell you what to do. Put I feel that there is going to be tragedy here.

At some point and time the body of elders will find out about his double life and eventually he will be disfellowhipped. I can't understand why he is going to such great lengths to decieve you and his family.

Your life style is your own business, but if you have been attending meetings and conventions then you must realiize how JWs are towards the practise of same sex marriages. That is what is puzzeling me.

I feel deep down you are going to be hurt in the long run by Pete. He can't pretend forever without others becoming suspicious.

I am not trying to hurt you, but yes you are caught in a trap. And before things get worse I would say cut your loses now.

This is of course only my opinion. the most important things is this "to thine ownself be true".

Wishing you the very best

Orangefatcat..

• Pensive
    Pensive

I have been overwhelmed by the chorus of responses that all seem to sing the same melody: walk away and cut your losses. How I often dream of doing so! I am in the process of summoning up strength and will to be able to "pack my bags and be on my way". I am confident I can do far, far better than him - and feel boosted by your positive judgements of my character (Carmel and Dragonlady76). And just in response to Gill and AK - Jeff, I have familiarised myself with Raymond Franz' books amongst many others and have them hidden deep in a closet waiting for the day when Pete sees the light(!!) On occasions I make references to them in order to 'plant seeds of doubt'.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit