Jehovah's witnesses cooperative

by Polemotheos 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Polemotheos
    Polemotheos

I suppose those in the "real world" are athiests. Your welcome to your opinion.

• poppers
    poppers

"Ego is the formost problem of mankind not exclusive to one religious group. How do you suggest killing the ego?"

You can't kill the ego, for who would attempt such a thing other than ego itself, but there can be the realization that it isn't real. Look for it and it can't be found outside of ideas of what it is. See what ego arises in and all of the storylines created by ego are seen to be just that, stories that have no real substance. Then you will find a peace and stillness that is always here, that is unconditional and eternal.

• Polemotheos
    Polemotheos

Poppers,

You know who you sound like? Gangaji. Is that were you have gotten this wisdom. Pretty intresting and profound, thanks for sharing.

• Polemotheos
    Polemotheos
    Those in the 'real world' realize that their is not one God named Jehovah that all people in the world should worship. There are millions of Gods,

Our athiest friend may not agree with you. And our agnostic friends may or may not agree with you. :) Your view of the 'real world' includes polythesism.

there are thousands of wise books, there are different beliefs in every race, country, culture.

Yes I realize this. I try to find the wisdom from everywhere.

Your selective perception is that everyone SHOULD worship Jehovah and the bible. A meazily 6 million are JW, yet there are 6.4 billion people!

I believe everyone should worship their creator. Yes the harvest work is great. :)

Yet you do not or refuse to see that there are many many other ways to be 'spiritual'.

That is not true. I completely agree with you that there are many other ways to be 'spiritual'. The term spiritual I believe can mean metaphysics. People can even be spiritual and yet claim to be athiests.

I for one, do not support 'revamping' the WBTS,

I agree. I have not suggested 'revamping' the watchtower corporation.

I support each person's individual quest/journey for what spirituality means to them.

I agree. But spirituality is not the only thing to be sought. Jesus said worship with spirit and truth. So there is also a need to find truth and live it. Besides that Jesus suggests we teach it to others. :)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Commendable aspirations, lousy implementation strategy. I have a few concerns, which I hope you will address.

1. Please stop using the royal "we", unless you are the official spokesman of your entire co-op. You can speak authoritatively about your own thoughts and feelings. You have not earned the right to speak for others.
    2. You have chosen to fully understand the WTBTS in order to reform it. I maintain that a reformer must first fully understand himself. Have you thoroughly examined your own motives? Do you know what your weak spots are?
    3. You have much to learn about the dynamics of moving large masses of people. Simply telling them what they must do, because you said so, does not work.
    4. If you do learn how to move large masses of people in the direction you want to go, what will you do with that power? See point two. If you do not fully understand your own motives, you risk sending millions of people down the wrong path. Blind leading the blind comes to mind.
    5. I would be most interested on your opinion of this article. http://struggle.ws/ws99/portugal58.html
  • jwsons
    jwsons

Two thumbs up Jgnat. ;-)

After U.N./NGO scandal, paedophile scandal, Tobacco Phillip Morris scandal, Rand Cam engine selling to U.S. Navy scandal, etc..,.

The Gecko trying to change its skin, BUT

still try to recruit in a different way (on-line congregations)

<quote>Believe it or not they are the ones that told me to do this. :) "why don't you start your own religion mars" they said. I am not affaid to die they know where I live. Come on over we will have a bible study.</quote>

try to uniform members ("we are...bla bla..")

[Christian has his own responsibility to Jesus Christ, nobody else, neither to any Body (of elders, Governing Body, Organization, nor to any Co-Op ...).It is individual responsibility. You can not say to Jesus Christ or Jehovah that you deserve to be saved because you belongs to this that ...bla bla... Co-Op . Can you ? So I don't care what are you trying to "help" others, just save your head first. Left the wall of WacoTower and Dark Society. Oops! Does anybody want to be trapped in another wall ?

try to become a Davidian Waco

jwsons

• Polemotheos
    Polemotheos

Jgnat,

Hello

Commendable aspirations,

Thanks

lousy implementation strategy.

What is the implementation strategy? And what would be a better way?

I have a few concerns, which I hope you will address.

Thank you for sharing them with me

Please stop using the royal "we", unless you are the official spokesman of your entire co-op. You can speak authoritatively about your own thoughts and feelings. You have not earned the right to speak for others.

Seems I have used the royal "we" only once. Here it is in context;

Dear brothers and sisters, servants of God, Jehovah's witnesses, Ex-JW's, opposers, apostates, and athiests.

Jehovah's witnesses need your help. I would like to thank you for all the work you have done so far. We need as many critics as we can get. We as Jehovah's witnesses extend our thanks and would like you to continue your efforts and even encourage you to examine us even closer.

We need to understand all the problems that we are faced with by corporate religion. Not repeating symptoms like some partisian hack. But rather seeking to define the 'real' or root problem which causes the others.

This royal we is used in line with the representation of the principles of the Jehovah's witness co-operative. The principles themselves are the "offical spokesman" of the entire co-op. Anyone that repeats the principles of the JW co-op are and can be spokesmen of the offical principles. It's not about personalities that somehow get voted in that are supposed to be offical spokesman. It's about the principles themselves which get voted in and therefore each JW co-op member is an offical spokesman. Very different from the corporate paradigm. That is in the corporate paradigm "offical spokesman" often say things that are against Jehovah's witness priciples. The principles supersed the person speaking.

You have chosen to fully understand the WTBTS in order to reform it. I maintain that a reformer must first fully understand himself.

I am not reforming the Watchtower corporation. The "society" is not the Jehovah's witnesses. It is a small group of "witnesses" that claim to represent us. I have no intention of reforming this elite group.

As for understanding myself; I am a story I often tell. I understand the inreality of self.

Have you thoroughly examined your own motives?

I can always do some more examining.

Do you know what your weak spots are?

I am hoping you will point those out.

If you do learn how to move large masses of people in the direction you want to go, what will you do with that power?

I was thinking of this the other day. The only thing I can reply is reliquish the power. Being one of the founding members I believe I will try to say that founding members cannot be allowed to be voted into positions of power. What ever that means or can mean. It may also be possible to never have positions of power in the first place. We will see. What do you think?

I would be most interested on your opinion of this article. http://struggle.ws/ws99/portugal58.html

Pretty intresting article thanks for sharing it. Lots of things to consider. I don't have an opinion. How do you feel about it?

Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.
    http://polemotheos.home.comcast.net/JWco-op.html

• Polemotheos
    Polemotheos
    Christian has his own responsibility to Jesus Christ, nobody else, neither to any Body (of elders, Governing Body, Organization, nor to any Co-Op ...). It is individual responsibility. You can not say to Jesus Christ or Jehovah that you deserve to be saved because you belongs to this that ...bla bla... Co-Op . Can you ?

jwsons,

Good point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit