The Dredger

by The Dredger 16 Replies latest jw friends

• The Dredger
    The Dredger

From time to time someone will make a truly interesting post that somehow slips the net and and drifts off into obscurity.

Most posters are usually too modest to 'bump' their own posts more than once which can mean that perfectly good questions go unanswered or unobserved.

Or, a post may become a real 'hit' but after its natural life has been spent it will of course fade away. But what of the many new members who never got the chance to see it the first time around?

Enter 'The Dredger.'

It's my mission to rescue from the deepest, murkiest fathoms of this forum those posts and questions which, in my humble opinion, deserve a fresh airing.

Perhaps a news item or new information has come to light with a bearing on the original post?

Perhaps a poster contradicts an earlier statement?

Whatever the reason, I'll do my best to be fair and even handed, rescuing the serious and the entertaining, the ludicrous and the heartmoving.

I look forward to being of service.

The Dredger

• dedalus
    dedalus

Perhaps we could have some sort of vote on this, to see if posters really want your "service," Dredger.

I vote nay.

Dedalus

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Dredger, and welcome to this happy happening place.

You've taken on quite an assignment, old son. Are you 'qualified'? Been "reaching out", eh?

Are you going to do this monitoring on a 24 hour basis, or what? How will you do it? I've got an idea. Why don't you 'rank' them? A good one gets a '10' entered on your response. A bum one? ....well, there aren't any, are there?

Cheers,
    Ozzie (Anti-typical Dredger class)

• The Dredger
    The Dredger
    Perhaps we could have some sort of vote on this, to see if posters really want your "service," Dredger.
    I vote nay.

hmmmm!
    What are you hiding dedalus? Perhaps I should go take a look!

The Dredger

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

And who dredges the dredger?

Expatbrit

• The Dredger
    The Dredger

ozziepost

Are you going to do this monitoring on a 24 hour basis, or what? How will you do it? I've got an idea. Why don't you 'rank' them? A good one gets a '10' entered on your response.

24 hour monitoring? I'm good but I'm not that good!
    No, I'll just dip in and out like everyone else, the only difference will be my reason for being here at all.........TO DREDGE!

As for ratings, well that's purely subjective isn't it? I think the number of replies a post generates is as much of a rating system as we need.

expatbrit

And who dredges the dredger?
    To maintain fairness and parity that should be anyone/everyone but me.
    The question is moot though as I won't be the source of original posts, I'll simply be dredging them up!

The Dredger

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Where I come from, 'dredging' is not a particularly complimentary term. How about something more flattering, like 'elevating'? or 'honoring'?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"You can know the law by heart, without knowing the heart of it"
    Philip Yancey, What's So Amazing About Grace?

• dedalus
    dedalus
    hmmmm!
    What are you hiding dedalus? Perhaps I should go take a look!

LOL! Well, go ahead, it's okay. Thing is, I don't really know you, you don't really know anyone on this board, and so it might be irksome to have a self-appointed critic fixing the top slots of the db.

But, who knows, others might like that sort of thing.

Dedalus

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Dredger:

I anticipate with some amusement your ministrations. Good luck, and don't piss off the women, or you'll regret it.

Expatbrit

• The Dredger
    The Dredger
    Where I come from, 'dredging' is not a particularly complimentary term.

Care to enlighten me ozziepost?

Where I come from a dredger is a type of trawler boat, check the following definitions:

dredge1 (drj)
    n.
    Any of various machines equipped with scooping or suction devices and used to deepen harbors and waterways and in underwater mining.
    Nautical. A boat or barge equipped with a dredge.

v. dredged, dredg·ing, dredg·es
    v. tr.
    To clean, deepen, or widen with a dredge.
    To bring up with a dredge: dredged up the silt.
    To come up with; unearth: dredged up bitter memories.

v. intr.
    To use a dredge: dredging for alluvial gold.

As you can see, a dredger pulls up the good, bad and indifferent. I'll try to be a little more discriminating, you'll all be the judges of my success or failure!

you don't really know anyone on this board,
    Oh I've been around here for quite a while ozziepost! (guess that'll start the identity hunt)

don't piss off the women, or you'll regret it
    You married expatbrit?

The Dredger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit