HELP.. tips or advice for cleaning....

by Sassy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

I am looking for any tips that might get me help getting my tubs and spots on my linoleum floor white. I have soaked the tubs in bleach water and although it helped some, there still is some staining that I can't quite scrub out, and the same on my linoleum floor.

If anyone has any advice on things besides bleach I can try... I'd be grateful. I'm trying to get as much as possible of my deposit back.. I've never run into porcelean tubs that you can't clean back to new easily. I talk to my neighbor and she said that same thing with hers (and she is a clean freak).. I'm thinking they must have gotten a deal on the tubs or something for them to take color so easily..

help!

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

Sassy, I have had good luck with Restore4 cleaner. It works on mold, mildew and rust. I think they sell it at Walgreens and other drug/discount stores. I know I have seen it on TV too.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

There are some good sterilising solutions that are use in home brewing that work well on stubborn stains. Also you might try a overnight soak in sodium crystals.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Sassy.

make up a paste of hydrogen peroxide and cream of tartar. Works great! Do a test in a small corner first.

Steve.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Get some dubs in from the local cong I bet at least half are cleaners and will know what to do. In addition they are as cheap as chips so won't cost you an arm and a leg.

BM

• blondie
    blondie

I vote for the hydrogen peroxide tip.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I use Oxy Clean. It is granules, but for the tub, put in about a cup of it, and put a few inches of very hot water in the tub and stir it around with something to disperse it, and soak for an hour or so.

For the floor, I would use a bleach solution and let it stand for awhile (if you can stand that). I've used that process on one of my floors and it works very well.

Ammonia is also a good choice for cleaning the floor, after the spots are up. (do not mix ammonia and bleach!!!!)

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Shower Power, a spray product works quite well. Make sure you have a well-rinsed tub of any other chemical or you might make yourself sick. It's strong stuff and smells like pepto bismal! But I've found it works on old porcelin stains in toilets very well.

What my mom used to do is soak a rag in bleach water and lay the rag on the spot(s) overnight. That way the bleach has time to really do it's work.

NEVER COMBINE BLEACH OR AMMONIA WITH ANY OTHER KIND OF CLEANER - EVER. The two combined make a gas that will kill you!

Best idea I've read so far is to invite the dubbies over....

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

PS I've also used Shower Power on the floor on some stains and it has worked very well.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

BM with regards to your idea about getting some JW's in to do it for you....you have got no chance....i seem to remember it was always moaned about if anyone was in the hall cleaning rota...if they cant clean their hall they sure as hell aint gonna clean our friends floor....get real

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit