Sleepover at Grandma's and Grandpa's

by kwintestal 21 Replies latest members private

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Thanks for all your ideas and help. Everyone made very good and valid points. I guess I just needed the encouragement that it really is the right decision. The kids won't be going to the KH, we'll pick them up beforehand, and then take them to church with us. (That'll really kill 'em!)

Our kids have been going to the hall, up until 4/5 months ago so even if they went it wouldn't be a huge culture shock, but it is time to take a stand. Elsewhere was right, they wouldn't want or aprove of their kids going to a Catholic church, so why should I want or aprove of my child going to a JW church?

Kwin

• SeekingHim
    SeekingHim

I would be uneasy only for the simple fact that the people at the KH are not concerned about what your beliefs are, but (to my beliefs) dragging the kids back in. (As they are "helpless babes") I am married to a JW, and the people at the KH are really sweet outwardly, but I would not turn my back for a minute when it comes to our children. My kids also love their grandparents and visit weekends a lot. I am a Christian, and being that my husband is not what I call active at this time in the organization, I am the main one doing the spritual upbringing in the household. I let them go over whenever they want, but I do not expect them to teach my children things that I am against. It is a very tricky thing. I am not bashing anyone, and I apologize if anyone is offended, but to me it seems that a lot of the KH goers that I've met are hypocrites. They say they do Jesus work, but wont invite me to sit down and eat meals with them because I could "rub off the wrong way" I suppose. I live by the bible,and am trying to do more so daily, but because I am not a member of "Jehovah's organization" I am like a stepchild to them. Jesus did not turn away whores, then why are people like me being rejected? Makes one wonder how the "true religion" is following God at all. To make a long story short, I would let them go, but stand up for what you believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit