The King James Version is Perfect

by blabbermouth 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inquirer
    inquirer

I had my doubts that a JW would write a book like that. He seems to go into far more detail that what the WT publications go into. He quotes from the Jerussalem Bible and he hard to understand. His style doesn't reflect that of the WT, that's why I had my doubts. ...I thought it might be a possibility... I thought he might be an ex-Catholic or something like that... Some of my friends were saying they doubted that a JW would write a book like that.

But ok, I take what you say as correct.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Don't be deceived - there are clever Jehovah's Witnesses about.

I seem to recall that there is even a section at the end about Jehovah in the NWT.

I have it on good authority that he is a Witness, but I have no proof

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

Little Toe is wrong that Jehovah should not be in the NT, by the way.

the name "Jehovah" does not occur in the NT. only in some translations. but not in the sources.

• Ianone
    Ianone

JEHOVAH (YHWH) doesnt occur in the Paleo Hebrew Old Testament either. Something the clever masorete jews inserted into their vile masoretic text. As well YHWH does not occur in the New Testament. The real sacred name of God "I AM" does occur in the Paleo Hebrew "Eyeh Asher Eyeh" as well as in the New Testament where Jesus calls Himself the I AM on several occasions, John 6:20, and John 8:58 just off the top of my head.

the KJV aint perfect but it is far better than most translations out there. the NWT is absolute garbage, translated by 6 inept men one of which never graduated from high school, and most of them never had any training in semetic languages of Greek.

Translators of the New World Translation

http://www.freeminds.org/history/NWTauthors.htm

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ianone:
    I agree with your comments about the NWT and KJV (though you know that Masons were likely involved in the KJV production, doncha )

JEHOVAH (YHWH) doesnt occur in the Paleo Hebrew Old Testament either. Something the clever masorete jews inserted into their vile masoretic text.

Prove it.
    I've had enough of you spouting stuff that's unsubstantiated and dogmatically insisting it's fact.
    You make statements of fact about things you appear clueless about. Which website did ya scav that one off of???

SBF:

Little Toe is wrong that Jehovah should not be in the NT, by the way.

As Google alludes to, you'll find it in 12th (?) century translations of the Greek into the Hebrew, but not in any other documents. Hence, I believe YOU to be in error.

Maybe Pete, Narkissos or Leo would like to add their weight to the argument.

• Preston
    Preston
    The big underlying issue beneath the "KJV cult," I guess, is the NT Greek text it is based on, i.e. the Textus Receptus

The Textus Receptus sounds like a weapon used in a Monty Python skit. Oh no, its......the textus receptus. Sorry, still early...

- Preston

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

LOL @ Preston.

Thanks, pal, I needed some levity

• Narkissos
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia
    JEHOVAH (YHWH) doesnt occur in the Paleo Hebrew Old Testament either. Something the clever masorete jews inserted into their vile masoretic text.

And what "paleo Hebrew" text exactly does YHWH not occur in? Those clever, wily Talmudic Jews inserted the satanic tetragrammaton into their own OT, huh? Yeah...why don't you give some evidence to back up this ridiculous claim. And tell us what name YHWH replaced throughout the OT.

Those of us who know better will be waiting.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thanks, guys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit