Don't you agree?

by NinjaBen 16 Replies latest jw friends

• NinjaBen
    NinjaBen

Do WT's seem to not want to open up their mind to any other possibilities?

• MuzicmanCa
    MuzicmanCa

Yes, ironic isn't it, that when the critical finger the WTS points at everyone else is redirected back at them, their self-righteous, egocentric, defensive backs go up...

Muzicman

• NinjaBen
    NinjaBen

I again thank everyone who has written me and I would like to here many more responses

• NinjaBen
    NinjaBen

!!!

• NinjaBen
    NinjaBen

deleted

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Hello mustang and thank you for your posting.

You write about the practice about rebinding a copy of the NWT with the book _Make Sure of All Things, Hold Fast to What Is Fine_. Let me say for the benefit of those who weren't associated in the early 1970s that it was a common practice at the time. The purpose, of course, was to bamboozle the householder into thinking that the smooth answer to a question came straight from the bible when it really was, at best, a bunch of unrelated scriptures strung together in typical WTBTS fashion.

The rebinding job was usually quite clever with a black leatherette cover with the words "Holy Bible" in bright gold lettering on the cover. The fact that it was two books stitched together was undetectable, and there was, as expected, no mention of the "New World Translation" on the cover.

I can only assume that the scam was thought up by Brooklyn, as the _Make Sure_ book was the only one that used the same bible paper and was the same size as one of the "economy" green cardboard cover NWT bibles.

An even cheaper approach was the thin booklet _Sermon Outlines_ which was designed to be glued inside the back cover of a copy of the NWT, or perhaps inserted between the Old and New Testaments.

Did this all really happen? Yes. Is it sleazy? Yes. Are any of you surprised? I doubt it.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hi, Skimmer.

Stoops is still in business and will bind either the Reasoning{/i] book or the songbook into the back of the NWT these days.

I never thought the purpose was to make the householder think that the [i]Reasoning

book was part and parcel of the Holy Bible, but now you've got me going "Hmmmmmm...."

outnfree

P.S. Yes, Ninja, it IS condescending and disrespectful to call the JW religion "the Truth."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit