Superbowl ... "super"

by Simon 40 Replies latest social physical

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    One day, America will wake up and get in step with the rest of the world and (attempt to) play the games that everyone else loves

Quidditch?

• Angharad
    Angharad
    Quidditch?

Nah... RUGBY - none of this namby pampy padding and helmets

btw: Wales beat England at the weekend in the 6 nations - taken them long enough

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Manly men doing manly things in a manly fashion

arr arr arr

• Valis
    Valis

Until you have a 300 pound + guy, who can run faster than most people, chasing you down with the intent to put a hurt on you, don't sass football.. You need pads on most of our football fields, because it isn't grass. It is a fairly thin layer of turf over concrete, which could end a sports career in one good hit. So Si, please adjust whatever oval objection is up your arse today about the United States, and go back to watching Man City play w/their sticky wickets...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Until you have a 300 pound + guy, who can run faster than most people, chasing you down with the intent to put a hurt on you, don't sass football

Yep thatll be Rugby...sans the Armour!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Shameless marketing, capitalistic grand-standing, over produced, unabashadly patriotic, nauseatingly unrealistic, steroid muscle bound mutants, beer, beer and more beer, breasts, breasts and more breasts...

Gawd I love the Super Bowl.

It's the only football game other than the Thanksgiving Day Cowboys game that I watch.

My kids play . Certainly a sport for the masses! I actually enjoy it too. I think American (tackle) football is more of a "vicarious" thing for most Americans. I mean most average American males just don't have as much testosterone as they'd like and football makes us BIGGER than we really are. Most of the fans on TV seem to be fat anyway! Or is that just the camera adding a few pounds? LOL

u/d (of the shamelessly shallow class)

• Simon
    Simon

Until you have a 300 pound + guy, who can run faster than most people, chasing you down with the intent to put a hurt on you, don't sass football

Yep thatll be Rugby...sans the Armour!
    Yep, and not in little 3 second bursts after a new team comes on. Hell, if someone is injured they treat them on the pitch with the game going on around them !

• minimus
    minimus

Go play some cricket.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm more impressed by a man who will wear safety gear while playing a sport than one who won't. A man with all of his teeth is just cuter than one with a lot of them missing.

• Panda
    Panda

I grew up on football (I have 5 brothers). So our TV just clicks itself over... and then my head and neck become bobble headed and I thank the whatever that my neck is supple enough not to crack. Wobble Wobble toil and trouble throw the ball and we'll all tumble. Jump up and like an eye of newt dance on the fry pan we dance on the endline, endzone, edge of oblivion spouting Hail Mary Goddess of the game Please don't let us ever be like them whilst they kick and pundt we tackle and tackle somemore Hear us oh Hail Mary and pass on up that score.

You see what a wobble head does to your brain!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit