Girls sued for delivering cookies....

by core 8 Replies latest jw friends

• core
    core

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/02/04/costly.cookies.ap/index.html

Should ty and sue those who deliver the W & A Mags!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

A good deed gone awry. That's a shame.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Let's face it. The woman was a jerk. Even if she WAS scared, when she realized what was going on, she should have lightened up-not SUED them!

Yeah, it was bad judgment to be there at that time of night, but good heavens, to take things to that extreme?

Poor gals will probably never do anything spontaneous or nice ever again.

Annie

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hahha a bro brought this up yesterday in service- with the implication that it could affect the d2d ministry. It was all I could do to contain my glee. I did say something like good riddance to the d2d. We haven?t had anyone come in as a result of the d2d in... Well heck that bro that brought it up was the last one to come in purely from the d2d and he came in like in '94.

IPSec

• Mary
    Mary

What a miserable old bitch...........can you imagine suing people AND WINNING when they were only trying to do something charitable?? Yes she was frightened, but when she found out what really happened, she should have dropped the lawsuit realizing that there was no malicious intent involved. Crockety old bag.........someone should dress up as Freddie Kruger and pay her a visit at 11:00 o'clock at night to scare the shit out of her............I can't believe the judge actually awarded her money for something so stupid.

• Brummie
    Brummie

See home made cookies dont cut it the same way as maryland cookies, I can understand why the old hag was startled.

Brummie

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

You know, the girls had poor judgement when they delivered the cookies that late at night, but for godsakes, that is just petty to sue them.

She should have just accepted the apology, and the parents offer to pay the medical bills.

I hope this doesn't discourage the girls from trying to be nice in the future. Unfortunately, they got a lesson that in this world that good deeds are not always appreciated. That lady should be ashamed of herself.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Perhaps it was Mrs. Smithers?

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow
    she was at her rural home south of Durango around 10:30 p.m. when she said saw "shadowy figures" outside the house banging repeatedly on her door.

She yelled, "Who's there?" but no one answered, and the figures ran away.

Frightened, she spent the night at her sister's home, then went to the hospital the next morning because she was still shaking and had an upset stomach.

The teenagers' families offered to pay Young's medical bills, but she declined and sued, saying their apologies were not sincere and were not offered in person.

The girls and their parents may have learned an important lesson at a relatively low price - it's a good thing the girls weren't harmed in some way, or even killed, skulking around at 10:30 at night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit