Can you comment on this story WITHOUT being negative?

by nicolaou 48 Replies latest social relationships

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

I loved reading about this couple. I hope I too, can be so lucky. The key to having a long, happy marriage is being truthful and honest with one another. Forgive one another. Accept each others differences of belief. That is the spice of life!

Thanks for posting such an inspiring post of so many levels.

• zman
    zman

Its a lovely story, we should all find such joy in life and marrage. For some the jw faith is all they need or want in life and if it brings them joy I'am happy for them. This couple had a love which surpassed religion, 75 years is a lifetime in itself. So best wishes to the happy couple!

• heatherg
    heatherg

Very happy for them, it's rare to see anyone making it to 75 yrs anymore, regardless of their religion. hg

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

75 years is tremendous...and in all honesty I would agree that it would be daft to find anything negative in that story, it made my day.

I am puzzled as to why its been posted with the request not to be negative....that request in itself indicates that the poster automatically expects us to come out with a negative comment, that in itself is negative. Explain please?

• JW83
    JW83

Nope.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I am puzzled as to why its been posted with the request not to be negative....that request in itself indicates that the poster automatically expects us to come out with a negative comment, that in itself is negative. Explain please?

Like just about everyone else, I read the story and loved it - it is heartwarming. But I'm a cynical old sod and I couldn't help thinking that when I posted the story some cleverdick would just try and use it to take pot-shots at elderly JW's or Watchtowerdom in general. I didn't want that to happen. Now, anyone who knows me knows I'm all for insulting the Watchtower and trying to take action against it but I felt that this thread wasn't the time or place - hence the Topic Title.

Hat's off to Mr & Mrs Baxter!

• love11
    love11

Good marriages, good people, and good lives come in all religions, races, and nationalities. Hopefully, one day the jw's will realize that.

• IronGland
    IronGland
    Anyone who finds negativity in this story is brain dead!

teri schaivo commented on this?

• sad and lonely
    sad and lonely

there shouldn't be anything negative said! its a beautiful thing to see a couple witness or not!...sticking together not matter the problems.but i do feel if you truley follow jehovahs laws on marriage you can't go wrong.and there are i believe couples right now who's trying hard to keep it jehovahs way.you good couples!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit