Dating Sites

by ballistic 12 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I thought adult finder was a site for call girls types to pick up business. Seriously.

Online dating is a good place to find fatties,

You say that like it's a bad thing.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I dated quite a few guys off match.com and ended up marrying my husband who had posted an ad.

I generally would exchange a few emails, if we both were interested I would meet up for coffee or whatever after the first couple weeks... I never wanted to drag something out because you could waste time on someone that you'd never really want to date, after meeting in person... due to many factors, they are too short, they are not your type, they have a goofy obnoxious laugh, they spend the time checking out every girl that walks by.. etc.

After the 1st date, you generally know if you want to pursue it... after my 3rd date with my husband I knew he was perfect. 22 months later we got married.

BUT I always stayed away from anyone that posted an overly sexual ad. I wasn't interested in any players, or any one night stands.

• beebee
    beebee

There are other options for finding interesting people, however for some time is an issue. As I mentioned above, Tyydyy and I hooked up after he contacted me on Matchmaker, however that isn't where we first met. I am a member of a social and outdoor activity club here in Austin. Basically they put up a calendar of stuff to do ranging from happy hours to hikes, to camping trips, to just about anything you can think of (theater, dinners, biking, etc.). I didn't join to meet a mate as much as to get out and do stuff I like to do. I was new in town at the time and the few friends I had did nothing but drink. I'm not against that, but bar hopping isn't my favorite thing to do and certainly not something I would want to consume my social life.

I joined to meet people and make friends. That is pretty much while people join this sort of club and that I did accomplish there. Interesting professional people, and of course, one special ex-dub. It provided a great environment for meeting possible dating partners because it completely lacks the pressure of having to "feel a connection" that meeting someone in a dating environment creates. You can also spend some time getting to know someone before ever deciding to ask them out. This rules out a lot of candidates with no hurt feelings.

I have found that these types of clubs exist all over the US, in the UK and possibly in major cities in other countries. Some are single interest, like biking; some are outdoors primarily, like Sierra Club (which has chapters throughout the US); and some are for singles only. Some are free to join, some charge a modest fee and some are outrageous. It seems that major cities and clubs with a singles only slant are usually the priciest, however I cannot comment on whether or not they are worth the difference in price as I have no experience there. Some of the pricey clubs do have some pretty cool offerings. I'd just warn to look carefully.

I didn't look to see where you are, but a number of Eastern seaboard cities have chapters of the Appalachian Mountain Club and that one I have heard good things about, and it's cheap - $10 a year I think.

If this sounds like something you would be interested, and you need help finding one near you, PM me and I will let you know if we came across one. We've been doing some research on the industry so we might have a useful link.

Best of luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit