Has anyone ever ate the emblems feeling its ok

by PinTail 14 Replies latest jw friends

• PinTail
    PinTail

I did I felt that I should, and I wanted to. Now I belong to the Bible Students, who won't kick your spiritual hiney for doing so, or shun you for dibbing and dabbing that stuff out of weekness.

http://www.heraldmag.org/

Shane

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Gotta love ritualized symbolic cannibalism!

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Well...ole JC himself did command that you "keep doing this in remembrance of me"....

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    ole JC himself did command that you "keep doing this in remembrance of me"....

and I do - most nights - how good am I?

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

At every Memorial that I'VE attended, I have never seen anyone partake -

Does anyone, on here, intend to next month? legitimately or otherwise?

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I never actually partook during the passing over around of the emblems but I did get to have the leftovers. Seriously! My uncle was the elder who provided the bloodwine (homemade!) and my aunt baked the unleavened fleshbread for the ritual. I don't know, maybe they thought it would be disrespectful to throw it away.

--Merry

• under74
    under74

My brother partook when he was little...he feels fine. He isn't a believer but constantly says anyway that he's going to rule with Jesus one day.

• clementine
    clementine
    but I did get have the leftovers

Tht's funny! ever wonder if they waste it or not....

Personnaly, I've never seen anyone eat the emblems...

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I did. A few weeks later I was df'd.

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA
    did I felt that I should, and I wanted to. Now I belong to the Bible Students, who won't kick your spiritual hiney for doing so, or shun you for dibbing and dabbing that stuff out of weekness.

Good, that means that you were being led to believe that you should be doing it. Every christian should be celebrating this, it isn't for just a set group. To be like Christ, you do like Christ, and that includes Passover/emblems or communion, or whatever you want to call it.

With passover/memorial coming soon, I can't stress the importance of Matthew 28 enough, do as Jesus commanded his apostles, among other things, break the bread and drink the wine.

Ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit