Cathedrals

by Peppermint 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Since leaving the JW?s I have developed a real appreciation of old cathedrals. These places are beautiful and really took some building.

How boring and lifeless Kingdom halls are in comparison.

Here are some pictures I took of my local cathedral in St Albans.

• under74
    under74

nice pictures peppermint. You should post more as you get them.

And you're right the KHs are boring.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

They are works of art. I lived in Canterbury for a time and loved looking round the one there. If you?re of a mind, to get into their construction to appreciate what a feat it was to build them. Also bear in mind that at the time they where built most people live in small wood built houses and the cathedrals where the skyscrapers of the day.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Peppermint, you've touched a raw nerve in my soul, I have been an admirer of the glory that are Cathedrals. They give a awe inspiring prescense to the faith that man has attempted to obtain, I have in the past hunted down these wonderous edifices on the internet, in an attempt to witness mans wish to touch the face of God with these glorious buildings.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I keep looking for a good photo of Durham & Winchester Cathedral. I'm also a fancier of Castles. The wonderous works that are many in Europe.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I've always been fond of Cathedrals too. These beauties sure take the starch out of "quick-builds" don't they?

Annie

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Here's one in my city. It's now enclosed on all 4 sides by skyscapers and other buildings.

• bebu
    bebu

When I grew up, the local Catholic church looked like a cathedral to me! The arches on the inside of it were beautifully painted, and stained glass windows everywhere... I can still appreciate it, even after being to some REAL cathedrals. Those are truly breath-taking places!

bebu

• Narkissos
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Worcester Cathedral in UK and Notre Dame in Paris are really beautiful cathedrals - I also like Sacre Coeur in Paris Monmatre district

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit