What is the next flash of New Light?

by Pole 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Pole: But... They'll have to change one more doctrine. They currently believe that in the final days of the great tribulation - just before Armageddon the Gog of Magog will attack the annointed remnant, thus confirming the identity of the only true religion.

I would have agreed with you a few months ago, but they have changed who the "flesh" in Matthew 24 is (as in "no flesh will be saved"). They used to apply it to the remnant only, as part of the body of Christ. Now they apply it to all living servants of Jehovah. The stage is set for sweeping changed understanding. This new flesh will probably become who Gog of Magog attacks, the references that tie the two together are many.

Ever notice how those who are awake know more about what they are up to than most Witnesses?

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

There have been many interesting comments on this thread, on how the org will alter its doctrines to keep up with the times. I think, though, there is another possible future for the Watchtower. You all seem to assume that they need a new set of dates or some new light on their doctrines if they are to survive. What if they don't?

Over the last few years, it seems like they have almost completely abandoned most of their core doctrines, either by admitting they were wrong about them (generation of 1914 seeing the end, earthquakes as part of the sign) or by just not discussing them at all(how long is a creative day?). At this point most of the those that have questions about their teachings have already left. The remaining r&f really don't care about doctrine, all they know is that they have the TROOF and they see no reason to leave. Now that most of them have accepted that the end of the system of things, although still certain to happen, may not occurr anytime soon, there is no real need to set another date. All that would do is lead to disappointment when the date arrives and nothing happens.

So the publications and study articles continue to be watered down, with no real content, no deep doctrinal material. Eventually of course, this will lead to declines as young people leave and no new members are brought in, but for now, the money still comes in... And although the boys at Patterson can see the problem, apparently they have no clue what to do about it, to turn things around. Or they are just to old to care....

No Apologies

• Pole
    Pole

one,

you are probably thinking about daily operations but LEGALLY i think they are still on top, not that i have read the "bylaws", just going by what they have been saying all along.

Yes, I think we agree. I meant they were figure heads in terms of official corporate power, though they must have the final say on the key matters. However with so much going on in this huge corporation, a lot of their decisions depend on how things are presented to them.

I would have agreed with you a few months ago, but they have changed who the "flesh" in Matthew 24 is (as in "no flesh will be saved"). They used to apply it to the remnant only, as part of the body of Christ. Now they apply it to all living servants of Jehovah. The stage is set for sweeping changed understanding. This new flesh will probably become who Gog of Magog attacks, the references that tie the two together are many.

We have yet to see whether this understanding gets extended to the Gog of Magog thing, but it's an interesting doctrinal "development".

Ever notice how those who are awake know more about what they are up to than most Witnesses?

Definitely, and herein may lie a fallacy in our excitment over those doctrinal dillemmas. The majority of witnesses will probably shrug their sholders and accept any new crap. I still think though this doctinal change would not be accepted so smoothly, as it would question the core of the WTS authority.

No Apologies,

So the publications and study articles continue to be watered down, with no real content, no deep doctrinal material. Eventually of course, this will lead to declines as young people leave and no new members are brought in, but for now, the money still comes in... And although the boys at Patterson can see the problem, apparently they have no clue what to do about it, to turn things around. Or they are just to old to care....

Going mainstream is another possibility of course. I definitely think the old-timers are to old to care. They sense their end anyway, and it's easy to extend your individual end to a global end. After all how can the entire Universe continue to exist after these luminaries turn to dust?

At this stage all we can do is just speculate. But it will be interesting how many witnesses can swallow the new explanations which will render all they have believed so far completely useless (1914, Christ ruling invisibly, God's channel of communication).

Cheers,

Pole

• observer
    observer

"I would have agreed with you a few months ago, but they have changed who the "flesh" in Matthew 24 is (as in "no flesh will be saved")"

In what publication is this stated?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hey no apologies, I think you have pretty much nailed it. They will have to find some way of getting rid of the idea that there will be some 'anointed' still on earth when the end comes because that is already completely absurd.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

There are already plenty of examples in JW history to show that this change, when it does come, will affect a small amount of publishers, but, overall successful to maintaining the multi-billion dollar corporation.

Public Talk, October 7, 2007

Taking from the follow passages: Matt 25:14-30;

As we have been shown, from our soon to be departed brothers, there were three classes of slave. One class who reaps the greatest glory of his master. Clearly we can see this as our anointed brothers. These brothers not only get the greatest glory, but also, take any glory giving to the wicked slave. That slave being Christendom,(the b?stards). However, there is a third slave who doesn?t receive as great as glory as the first slave. The first slave has the greatest glory, by an invisible ruling from heaven. So, the remaining slave that is still in his master?s favor can only be the new governing body of experienced elders, taking on the glorious work of ?delivering food at the proper time? from the first slave.

Public Talk, June 4, 2008 Assembly

Glorious announcement for the upcoming Newer World Translation of the Holy Scriptures

The rest will be history, someday?.

Matt 25:14-30

14 ?For it is just as when a man, about to travel abroad, summoned slaves of his and committed to them his belongings. 15 And to one he gave five talents, to another two, to still another one, to each one according to his own ability, and he went abroad. 16 Immediately the one that received the five talents went his way and did business with them and gained five more. 17 In the same way the one that received the two gained two more. 18 But the one that received just one went off, and dug in the ground and hid the silver money of his master.

19 ?After a long time the master of those slaves came and settled accounts with them. 20 So the one that had received five talents came forward and brought five additional talents, saying, ?Master, you committed five talents to me; see, I gained five talents more.? 21 His master said to him, ?Well done, good and faithful slave! You were faithful over a few things. I will appoint you over many things. Enter into the joy of your master.? 22 Next the one that had received the two talents came forward and said, ?Master, you committed to me two talents; see, I gained two talents more.? 23 His master said to him, ?Well done, good and faithful slave! You were faithful over a few things. I will appoint you over many things. Enter into the joy of your master.?

24 ?Finally the one that had received the one talent came forward and said, ?Master, I knew you to be an exacting man, reaping where you did not sow and gathering where you did not winnow. 25 So I grew afraid and went off and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.? 26 In reply his master said to him, ?Wicked and sluggish slave, you knew, did you, that I reaped where I did not sow and gathered where I did not winnow? 27 Well, then, you ought to have deposited my silver monies with the bankers, and on my arrival I would be receiving what is mine with interest.

28 ??Therefore TAKE away the talent from him and give it to him that has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone that has, more will be given and he will have abundance; but as for him that does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 30 And throw the good-for-nothing slave out into the darkness outside. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Please I beg you FDS to actaully suggest a new date in the publications. Please give us another 1975. Please Please Please!

• Pole
    Pole

confused,

Please I beg you FDS to actaully suggest a new date in the publications. Please give us another 1975. Please Please Please!

One big reason why they won't is the internet. Imagine they officially give a new date. That would be a great event in the world of apostates (at least among those who still get excited about this stuff) who would be counting the days remaining to another fiasco.

Imposssible. I can bet $100 on it. The US dollar is cheap nowadays anyway :-).

Pole

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit