JW young people...on the move...to where?

by Gill 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Well it's like this. My experience as a Jw teenager was total repression and control from my parents and I know that the majority of my friends at that age in the Congregations suffered the same.

Now...what's happening?!

I come home and find a regular full time pioneer smooching with my non JW son on the sofa.

I"m reliably told that JW youngsters are in the local pub after each meeting and have to be thrown out at chuck out time.

They seem to behave in a far worse way that some non bible believing youngsters that I know.

Are they finally feeling their feet and the WTBTS due a huge exodus in the next few years?

I'm slightly embarrassed at the behaviour of some of these youngsters when I'm told what they've been seen getting up to.

Or am I just getting old?

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Just a thought, are most of these kids from elder's families? My personal experience is the elders' kids have a blind eye turned on them. Not like there's anyone to replace daddy!

Kwin

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I work in a pub. Not too long a go four folks in their early twenties came in and I noticed as I checked their IDs that each of them had a "No Blood" card in their wallet. I got them a pitcher of beer and a round of shots and they went to the pool table. 4 hours later they wanted more drinks and I cut them off as they were all SHITFACED. THey called me an "a**hole", a "f***ing pr**k", and I think one of them threw "faggot" in there as well. I calmly explained the law about serving visibly intoxicated persons and them told them I knew they were all witnesses, and what they thought their congregation would think of their language and drunken state. I decided to have some fun at their expense and told them I was studying and that they had really "stumbled" me. They took off for the door with their tails between their legs!!!! No tip though, cheap bastards.

• Gill
    Gill

I meant to add also, that I've been telling my son, he's twenty years old, to go and get himself a nice 'Canaanite Girl' and to stay away from 'Jehovah's people' because they're nothing but trouble.

He won't listen to the voice of the prophetess I'm afraid. But I know that this is going to mess up our nice leisurely fade from the bOrg! So this is no laughing matter for us.

Father and Grand father of the young lady, very nice young lady too, are both super elders!

They caused us so much trouble when we were in their congregation that we moved house to get away from them, and cong.

Now if they find out that their daughter's playing 'fast and loose with our son' well, I don't think our fade is going to last for long before its followed by a double D'Fing!

Moving house is not going to sort this problem, this time!

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Low-Key Lysmith - LMAO! Good for you1

Kwintestal - There's a mix. Some are elders children. My son's lady friend is an elders daughter. She's a lovely girl but......

• Preston
    Preston
    JW young people...on the move...to where?

Electric Avenue?

...sorry, .the radio was on

- Preston

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No question there has been a huge exodus of young ones out of the organization in the last deacde

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'd call the elder dad and tell him to keep his fornicatin tart daughter away from my son. she's just cutting her teeth on your son.she'll marry some super dub.

or.. toss them a box of condoms and let them go at it. poor girl probably needs to get laid now before she marries some poor minesterial servant.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

?I"m reliably told that JW youngsters are in the local pub after each meeting and have to be thrown out at chuck out time.?

A Local pub to me banned groups of JW?s for loutish behaviour. They put a sign up!!!

• unique1
    unique1

I don't know. All of my friends enjoyed getting drunk and cussing when we were away from watching eyes. We also all dated unbelivers and just kept them real quiet. I am 27 now and I am talking about when I was 17, 18. JW kids become SOOO good at the double life they kind of forget it is wrong in the JW eyes, because EVERYONE does it. So, I don't think it is anything new. However, I have noticed there aren't any kids in the cong. around here that are between the ages of 20-25, so maybe more are starting to just leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit