Time to file your IRS returns!

by Elsewhere 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Did mine tonight and I'm getting a modest return.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Did mine monday... Sick that I made that much and am still broke as hell... Not that I'm rich by any stretch! In my defense my wife and I both lost our jobs in june me due to an injury her due to getting fired the state is suppose to be getting me a job in the jail here and she's sueing for her job back with pay so we're pretty broke now but still we made a LOT of money compared to many people so why the heck am I so broke!

• Golf
    Golf

Check this site out. http://taxableincome.net/ I've been following Larken Rose for a few years NOW and he's got some material that are eye-openers. If you have any questions or want to challenge him , BE MY GUEST.

Guest77

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    I'm getting a modest return.

The Church of Kwintestal is always taking donations! C'mon, years ago it may have very well been given to the WTS, so what's the dif?

I'm still waiting for receipts and my income confirmation from my employer. In Canada the deadline to send out receipts is the end of Feburary. I'll file mine though as soon as I get them!

Kwin

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I hate doing my so I pay a CPA to do them for me

• blindfool
    blindfool

I'm just wondering:

How are income taxes done in other parts of the world. Here in the State of Georgia, USA, I pay:

6% state income tax

a minimum of 10% federal income tax

7.5% FDIC tax (Social Security tax that is matched by my employer) if I'm self employed I pay the full 15%.

So I basically come out paying a minimum 23.5% of my income in taxes. 31% for self employed individuals.

This is the tax on just my income. We also pay 4% State sales tax, and another 2% local option sales tax. Meaning, I pay 6 cents for every dollar I spent on taxes. Gas is taxed at a higher %: I can't remember but I think it is something like 25 cents per gallon in Georgia.

According to my phone and utility bills, I'm also taxed for things like, telecomunications tax? delivery tax? These may not be real "taxes", perhaps just a way for the utilities to make more money.

How does this compare?

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Will be paying a couple of hundred.....

My income is on track to be on the increase by 20% this year, so I'll probably be getting my ass kicked next year.

Doing far better now than I would've if I'd took those "cheese and cracker" elders advice and instead of going back to school, put "kingdom interests" first.

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

State and federal done by me this weekend. Already mailed in, now just the waiting time for refunds. Lots of you out there using e-file yet?

WW

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Texas Sales Tax: 6%
    Local Sales Tax: 2.25%
    Total Sales Tax: 8.25%

This year's Federal Tax Rate for me: 17.5% (Much better than 25% last year! 401Ks, IRAs, and other tax defered investments make a BIG difference!)

Total Tax: 25.75%

(Oh, and it helps if you fill in the Cost Basis for your stock sales. )

• blindfool
    blindfool

Elsewhere,

No State income tax in Texas?

Florida and Tennessee don't tax income either (unless Tennessee changed recently)

One reason why so many professional athletes live in Florida.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit