Take my challenge

by pleaseer2001 23 Replies latest jw friends

• boa
    boa

Very nice post p2. There are so many witnesses that have gone through terribly difficult situations as young people, with some similarities to what you faced and survived. And far too often have families been divided by the bureaucratic old farts in Brooklyn under the guise of perversely interpreted scripture. What responsibility they shoulder for obscenely twisting the words of Jesus about belief in him causing division in households! I remember as a young dub not even caring all that much about the young 'rebellious' ones who were so easily labeled and discarded coldheartedly. < > Its saddens me that I had lost so much of my humanity...being born into a dub family...perhaps it never really developed properly. I'm trying to rectify this now!! I've broken free of the dub thinking much later than you in life. What a realization its been that there is so much to live for!!! One of the first changes I went through was adopting a world-view of unconditional love for all humans. Of course, this doesn't mean trusting everyone or that there are not those who cut off such love by their actions. But, it does mean being open to the whole kaleidescope of the human experience. I've been out for about a year now, and have been feeling that its time to give back more to the people around me, and to those I don't know. I accept your challenge! boa...

• holly
    holly

Hello and welcome, Im glad you found this board

I took a peek because i was told not to look. that made me curious . and now i love it. have to keep kicking my kids off the computor though (3 of us sharing it) so end up missing lots of information, or coming in late

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS ME

• Carmel
    Carmel

I hopped over to JWD when there were only about 30 lost souls here! Left H20 as it had become too contencious and devouring itself in bickering. This place rarely gets down and dirty and then there seems to be a quality reponse by level heads who calm the waters..No pun intended...

carmel

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I just happened to find the site when I started looking after my mother told me the real truth. Have already met one person form the board and confirmed what I already kind of knew...good people here.

You guys have helped me know I'm ok...thanks!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I am so glad you are taking a challenge in life. Its a harsh world in among Jehovah's Witnesses. No matter how much love they say they have, they are dilliusional. They live in a fantasy world hoping any time soon that Armaggedon will come and then paradise where all is resolved. It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. I find that among witnesses there is more oppression than any where else. You are expected to do miracles in this 21st century and they aren't realistic at all. Most witnesses I know are quite unhappy, some are so depressed trying to stay afloat in the organizations and their expectations. It isn't any wonder that more aren't in therapy for the damage caused by a biased organization. And just expecting people to be diametrically opposite the world is enough of a burden that many burn out and breakdown literally. Sadly even some committ suicide. Their levels of frustration are agravated by the amount of expectaions heaped upon them in the Organization.

Families are not truly happy. Just take a really close look at peoples faces in the Kingdom Hall during a meeting. They would rather be anywhere else than there. Theyr'e to afraid though of the reprecuations. The snide remarks of others and gossip that would end up in despair. Yes it is a real shame that so many have stayed within the WTS.

I applaud all those who are willing to take that step and get out despite lose of family and friends just in order to survive themselves. To be no longer oppressed and depressed.

The debriefing and de programming of having been a witness can also take its pyshical toll on us. Especially when so many have been in the organzitaion for most of their lives. We feel quilt and shame at first thinking oh I can't leave what will people and family think? But then we recover with jubulation and a renewed spirit. And that new found relief is like a ton of bricks lefted off of our shoulders. So now its time to be good to our selves and find the things in life be it our children our job or relationships that will bring us happiness and a new found contentment. I am so glad when someone comes into JWD and finds that he/she are not alone. We have all suffered and now with each one of us we build up oursellves anew and find the burden gone. We are yes FREE of oppression, suppression, depression, subjection, rejection. We are ALIVE and REBORN and to that end we are fulfilled as human beings. That bondage, those chains are now removed from us and we find that there is so much out there in the world that is really wonderful. There are some fabulous people in this world, True humanitarians and good descent friends. Lets stick to them like glue.

In the event if you and or anyone needs to feel better about themselves relief is spelled out in JWD. and we thank Simon and all who work for our betterment in life. Blessing and relief to us all..

All my love

Orangefatcat

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, pleaseer, fellow Canadian. Your rant for independence and individuality reminded me of one of my favorite quotes, which I am just beginning to understand fully.

"a woman must have money and a room of her own if she is going to write." Woolf

http://www.library.csi.cuny.edu/dept/history/lavender/ownroom.html

I feel that need deeply, too, though my children are grown and I have more of my own time than ever before. A woman needs a place that is wholly hers, I think. It has to be a physical space, not just her inner hiding-place. And she needs a lock on the door to keep everyone at bay. Why is it that mothers, more than anybody, have no privacy?

• Dawn
    Dawn

Great post.

I found this site when I was researching beliefs of JW's. I was looking for the truth - and I believed (and still believe) that the truth will always be the truth and should be able to withstand any amount of research or criticism. So after being raised a JW - and having been DF'd - I was at a fork in the road where I thought about going back to the JWs but wanted to really research it all.

I'm glad I found this site - it helped me realize what I knew deep down inside - it wasn't the truth - it was a highly controlled legalistic religion following men.

I'm still searching for the truth - have found some of it - but I think the life long journey will be a continual search - and that's good. Being free to continue in the search is what it's all about.

• DHL
    DHL

Hello pleaseer2001 ,

I felt very touched by your speech. I've been quietly reading here for so long. I just couldn't give up reading. The site was like a strong magnet to me. I couldn't stop. I had to come by again and again. The more I read the more did I want to know. I grew up in the org (before leaving as teenager and becoming the black sheep of the family), but researching this site (and others) I finally realised I didn't know that much at all about my parents motives to tread me as they did. Here I learned a lot about the backgrounds and that finally gave me a chance to readjust my own point of view. Lots of your above mentioned thoughts kept me busy with, too. And some still do.

I consider life a journey and we never stop learning and making progress. Sometimes we feel though as if no progress is made because the steps are sometimes so small but on the long run we realise we've made improvements. That's in my opinion what keeps us going.

So I wish you love and patience on your journey. You'll make it I am sure.

Love DHL

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Pleaseer!

Glad you found the forum! Seems to be the home of the formerly 'lost and lonely' and now 'found and getting there' brigade. I've heard a lot of common sense here that we all need to get away from the JW indoctrination programme. Hope you find all the answers the you need!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi pleeser2001, I went in chat to find no one there, saw you jump in then right back out again,......... anywho's,......... I went to look up some post and possible topics to kinda get a bead on who U were, and found your gem of a topic.

It's refreshing to find your feelings regarding paying it forward, that I've found is one of the most beautiful aspect of life, I believe in that concept to the highest degree. I think we've said hello to each other in chat on occasions, but I wanted to get a clearer picture as to who you were. Welcome to the forum and I will keep an eye out for learning more about you and hopefully sharing with you as well.

art

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit