Take my challenge

by pleaseer2001 23 Replies latest jw friends

• pleaseer2001
    pleaseer2001

A question was asked of me last night. What made you find the forum? Which stopped me in my tracks and opened my mind to ask myself that question. Well i guess many things have brought me here. I left the organization so long ago ( at fifteen) Gave myself an education and attended the school of hard knocks but maybe lost my direction. I became focused on fixing the damages of my naive choices, and of unrealistic ideals. I skipped a few steps in life ...not being a kid..but having kids...finding a partner...not the right partner...making money..not being content with my other fortunes. I left the organization to be me and to be free to feel and express myself in many ways without feeling repressed. To open and expand our minds is continually growing in ourselves and our lives.I lost this some where. I feel like I need to find my balance, my center. I have become stagnant on a emotional and intellectual level. The one thing I swore I would never do! The last month has been a wild roller coaster ride of emotion, digging and picking of my brain and a widening of my ideals,and the make up which makes me ME! I guess i feel the need to be selfishin my life, to take risks and step out of the box. This means an intellectual war with myself. I have two girls, who I love more than life it self, but feel the need to make myself happy in order to set an example of a strong, open minded, determined and balanced person who can do anything they want to. In order for me to do this I need to let go of the mistrust, and remove the walls I've built around myself. I need to expand the possibilities and to be some where I feel safe to do so. JWD has given me the opportunity to have fun,joke, and challenge my boundaries, question myself and be free. So for any of you who wonder who I AM, here's my anserw. Someone just like you, I need love, understanding and the freedom to be myself, free of judgement, harsh judgement, and just simple. Just at the point in my life to take my experiences and turn them around and maybe pay it back. I would just like to make someone smile, or have special thought in that moment, take and help them find their balance. PAY IT FORWARD!!! So to the person that took the time to take an intrest in me. I SAY THANK YOU and hugs for making that moment in my life count. I intend to pay it forward and i guess what I'm asking is for anyone here to do the same and come back to share!

• ko38
    ko38

Thats great,Im glad you have enjoyed all the info about the troof here.I wish I had found out about 30 years sooner.Almost all here are more than willing to help others and that is great.

Now we have another in you to help get the message out.Way to go.Keep it up and good luck.......................Ken

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Cool ... Welcome again and again !!!

• Mutz
    Mutz

.........and again :)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

So pleased that you are feeling happy and enjoying this board

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'm glad you found this board.

I found it while on a non-religious website defending WT beliefs. Others had posted 'apostate' sites and I ignored them. After months of questioning their stance on issues, I finally looked at a site (this one) that someone had posted..basically saying that they aren't all they make themselves out to be.

I thought, 'if they think they're right, I'll prove them wrong, too'! I was so programmed to defend everything wt even though I didn't believe everything myself. Well, I started reading and saw the other side to the story, and never looked back. It also helped me to trust my gut and open my brain again.

• Scully
    Scully

Part of the reason why I started looking at JWD was due to the newly exposed WT-UN issue in late 2001. Up until then, I had still held JWs and the WTS in some measure of respect due to their stand on being politically neutral - which I came to realize was nothing more than a veneer on the reality.

Once I joined, though, it became apparent that I was not the only one who had had misgivings about the Love? in the organization, and others, like me, who had been treated so badly by their respective congregations that it had driven them to the brink of suicide.

Dr. Phil says, over and over: You can't change what you don't acknowledge. I spent years worth of self-loathing as a JW - I was never good enough, I was always trying to be the best JW ever and it was never enough - even though I had stopped attending meetings and was inactive for many years, I still carried that burden of guilt and shame that I wasn't even good enough for God to care about me. It was coming here that opened my eyes and made me realize, through the common experiences that so many ex-JWs share, that we aren't the ones who are wrong, it's the WTS that's messing people up with their doctrines and practices.... and they do it deliberately to enslave people mentally and emotionally to their cult.

I will continue to be a part of this community because there are people who were just like I was 3 years ago.... and nobody should have to waste any more time in self-recrimination when they didn't do anything wrong in the first place.

Love, Scully

• vitty
    vitty

I think I would still be attending meetings if it hadnt been for this site

I looked at the JWinfoline which I thought was really interesting, but they are born agains.

It was when I came here, EVERYTHING everyone said, I could relate to and I had no intention of leaving the truth at first.

I knew nothing of the UN scandal, the amount of child abuse or the flip flopping of policies

It was the way everyone felt, about meetings, the lack of love the way a lot of people had been treated

All I can say is long live the internet and of course Simon thanks mate

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I discovered that hawking vacuum cleaners door-to-door just wasn't working... so I thought I'd try selling them here.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Dear 2001, one of the often made mistake by that are seeking fulfillment is the tendency to seek out a religion that "fills their needs" by seeking solice in good company, like mindedness, essentially a comfort zone. In reality, to really find fulfillment in religion is to find one the need you, your skills, talents and drive. Only by expressing those God-given talents in acts of service to others do we really find fulfillment and enduring contentment. A high-control group, whether it hawks magazines, soap or vacuum cleaners will not allow you to really live your potential.

I hope you find the intellectual and moral/ethical/spiritual fulfillment you are seeking.

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit