A quick summary of topics and issues wrong with jws

by stuckinarut2 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

My biggie is "Lying for the Truth" Or theocratic warfare. Not because evil shouldn't be defended against, but that they lie to everyone, prospective recruits, apostates and their own.

just saying

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I think an important point is that JWism is just an offshoot of Adventism. If you can get someone to realize that Russel just tweaked what someone else theorized about what someone else imagined about what someone else "prophesied", that could make an impact. 

DD

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    + Exploiting members' fears to get them to follow without questions
    + Claiming that the Governing Body is guided by Holy Spirit, especially in a way that allows them to be wrong in the past but not wrong now- "spirit-directed" instead of "inspired."
    + Misquoting scientists, Trinitarians, and others in their literature to mislead the members.
    + Allowing battered/abused wives and children to be victims again and again by their policies of headship and 2-witness rules and for hiding such problems to protect the organization from bad press.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Here's ten, there are more !

1.   False Prophecies (yet claim to be Jehovah’s prophet)

2.   Doctrinal Changes (yet claim to be spirit directed)

3.   Do not take care of ” widows and orphans”

4.   Do not baptise into the name of the Father Son & Holy Spirit.

5.   Tamper with text of Bible (i.e insertion of “Jehovah” in Rev. etc.)

6.   United Nations association (lies after event)(they rode the beast!)

7.   Paedophile cover-ups (should not Spirit have directed them?)

8.   Shunning of family members (D.F’d) [scriptural basis?]

9.   Doctrine of Faithful & Discreet Slave.

10 1914--- what scriptural proof is offered for the thousands of times

they claim this is the year Jesus set up kingdom? 

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Focus on acts for salvation vs. salvation by Jesus.

and while I'm at it, Jehovah Jehovah jehovah and very little Jesus doesn't correspond with the bible. It shows their cult mentality to read scriptures about Jesus and say 'see, this brings out Jehovah...'

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Registering in Mexico as a non-religious, cultural organization and not having prayers or the use of the bible at meetings, just so that Watchtower can maintain ownership of real estate - Kingdom halls, etc, They basically compromised true worship for the sake of material interests.
  • flipper
    flipper
    Faulty and criminally insane child abuse policies
  • done4good
    done4good

Sorry Magnum, but experience has taught me to respectfully disagree with you on this. All of these points are academic in nature, if not used to present a line of argumentation to a JW. I fully understand where the OP was going with it, but without purpose of discussion, none of them have any meaning outside of JW land. There are better and more convincing lines of argumentation we can use for our own edification if we need to "prove" to ourselves that JW is somehow not the "truth".

You can start by reading any science or history book...

d4g

• Magnum
    Magnum
    done4good, no problem with the disagreement; will think about what you said.
  • Mandrake
    Mandrake
    • Blood policy!
    • Education policy!
    • Kids getting baptized (and no "confirmation" process as in the Catholic church)
    • No inter-religious marriages
    • F*****g ugly formal dressing
    • A set of made up rules (the time report)
    • Kids are not allowed to engage in friendship with "non-believers"
    • No charityPopular culture expressions are frown at
    • No toasts!
    • Demanding routineIdiotic "studying" program
    • Criticism not allowed
    • No breards
    • Etc...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit