Odd announcements at meetings/conventions

by POs Son 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jez
    Jez

"________ __________ is disfellowshipped from the Christian congregation of _____________"

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I hated it when they told us to stand up and when to sit down for the announcements and the songs. I would just sit and get up and go to the restroom when they ordered us to sit down.

I hated that too. It reminded me too much of elementary school.

Once an elder was giving a lengthy announcement about the kingdom hall toilets getting plugged so often. He went on to describe some of the items that were retrieved from the toilets. He got very flustered and the entire congregation laughed at him. It took years for him to live that down.

Walter

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

One Thursday night, my old P O announced with great solemnty that Sister Carol P...... was disfellowshipped from the Christian Congregation . The trouble was that the announcement was intented to refer to Sister Carol A....... Whoops ! a slip of the tongue ! The worst was that Sister P........ was a very devout straightlaced and highly strung and the poor woman thought that her end had come, like her worst nightmare

The dignity of the occasion was completely lost as everyone giggled and the P O blustered his way out of it

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

It wasn't an announcement in the strictest sense but:

My dad had a habit of digging in his ears with one of his keys.... One Sunday Talk he was giving and without being aware, he gets his keys out of his trouser pocket and starts digging in his right ear. My mom and I were so shocked, we had a very difficult time suppressing our laughter. The rest of the cong had a difficult time as well.

• unique1
    unique1

Oh my god, BC that was hilarious. I can see my dad doing something like that. I would have lost it.

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

*thinks* My congo didnt have much of a sense of humor...one of the elders that did my sisters wedding made a crack about pie of some sort...i would have to watch the video again...

• POs Son
    POs Son

My folks tell the story that my father (PO) was giving the local needs part one Thursday, and as everyone is quietly paying attention (dozing?) - my little brother at the age of 3 or so was taking of my mother's clip-on pearl earings and afixing them to his own ears for the rows behind to see! Just funny!

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

One time the PO told us that the elders sometimes received material(letters) that were secret,and the CO had info that was secret,and the DO had info that was secret and the FDS had info that was secret...on and on and this was all jehovah's arrangement.Not too many people believed him,what a crock.

How about the one that the CO comes to the congregation with encouragement from bethel that he imparts upon the elders who in turn impart it upon the pioneers who in turn impart it upon the rest of the brothers and sisters.Well,I tell ya,there wasn't much encouragement left when it got to the bottom of the barrel to us lowly amah-arets.

Goldminer

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

A friend of mine from rural manitoba told me about a VERY backwoods CO who told the congregation "Folks, out there in the world you have a lot of people saying T G I F for 'thank goodness it's Friday'. Well you should be saying S H I T for 'sure happy it's thursday' just in time for the CO visit." Apparently he was completely oblivious to the fact that he had just cursed out the entire congregation.

• Dawn
    Dawn
    Apparently he was completely oblivious to the fact that he had just cursed out the entire congregation.

Or was he???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit