What upset you about your past in the org?

by Nicolas 18 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

ALL the people I disfellowshipped

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

All the conditional friendships and the self-righteousness of some family members.

Also the mentality that the GB are practically infallible and everything they say is coming directly from jehovah.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

First, to answer your question, yes it was the time wasted. I didn't get out until my late 30s, many here came out much later than that. But life is too short to be angry for long, so you dust yourself off, you ask yourself what the best thing is to get on and then you do.

Second, Nicolas, when you describe your better than average IQ and your inability to stick things out and "laziness" those are all classic signs of ADD or ADHD. Both are cognitive disorders and there is treatment available. You should talk to your doctor about that. I have ADD, many adults do. Here are a couple websites to check out:

http://www.amenclinic.com/ac/addtests/adult1.asp (this is a test, when I took my results in to the Dr. he said there was no reason to have further testing, seems this Dr. Amen is well respected and this test is well known and thorough.)

http://www.add.org/
    http://www.chadd.org/

Good luck!

Sherry

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think my main regret is the wasted years pioneering.

I think we gave our children a really good life, in spite of being JW's, and they have no regrets either, surprisingly. But looking back on all the wasted time pioneering, makes me crazy.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well I basically failed to plan for the future, because there wasnt supposed to be no future. I guess the thing that bothers me the most is all of the anxiety and depression I suffered as a child, and for what? a Lie!! I was a very intelligent and ambitious child up until about age 7, when I started paying attention to what was being taught, and from then on I was extremely depressed and withdrawn.No child should ever have to experience what I went through, and my goal is to expose the WT Society every chance I get.

Dave

• Dustin
    Dustin

The fact that no matter how hard I try, I can't get rid of the guilt and fear that nags me every day. It's so engrained in my head, even though I don't want it there. And all the bad decisions I made because I thought that's what would make god happy.

Dustin

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I don't have any major regrets. But then, I never allowed them to fully control my life. It eventually got me disfellowshipped when they tried to play "Hard Ball" with me, trying to force me to conform.

Our family never really fit into the cliques. (Which was really a very good thing) My children grew up happy and healthy. They knew their rebellious mom defend them against the Organization and against their JW Father. (and I did many times)

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

The simple fact that I had a past in the org.

cheeses. Believe in me and you still won't be saved.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Being a small child lying in bed at night scared s$%tless that the worlds about to end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit