Ony J.W.'s could do this and not question what is going on

by Sour Grapes 40 Replies latest jw friends

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH
    @Village I think the question was not worth an answer
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

@insidetheKH:

"@Village I think the question was not worth an answer" It is a legitimate question. I believe that you are repressing the answer in your mind.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

insidetheKH:

2 hours ago@stuck in the 50's... the 60's... the 70's... the 80's....the 90's .... the end was close too. Question is was it wise of them to purchase and build a lot of stuff during those decades or not?

What would have happened if they would not have build anything 'because the end was so close' ?

So from their perspective it's very logical to keep on building, even when the end is so close simply because a few decades wont make a real difference if you look at 6000 years of biblical human history if the end comes now or in 75 years its still close on that timescale.

It was not logical to keep on building when the end was supposed to be imminent. I was not supposed to graduate from high school (I graduated close to four decades ago). The end was supposed to come before the year 1994 according to the old generation teaching. The Jan 1 1989 Watchtower verified that by indicating that the preaching work would not last beyond the end of the twentieth century.

if you look at 6000 years of biblical human history if the end comes now or in 75 years its still close on that timescale

But that's NOT the timescale that your organization has referred to in its preaching and teaching. You're changing the story. The org falsely prophesied, and you JWs just can't/won't admit it. The org was wrong - black-and-white wrong. They did not preach a message like what you said as quoted above. Their message was not "Well, since there are 6000 years of Biblical human history, we're talking about a big timescale; so the end could be 75 years away." The org has always made it seem that the end was imminent - always.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Why build new stuff if the end is so close? It was explained to us when we used our AH for the first time. This building build become educational centers for the resurrected. True story.. I wish I had recorded it
  • millie210
    millie210

After reading the OP I have been shaking my head.

How must it feel to be a "thinking elder: (oxymoronic statement perhaps?) and have attended a meeting yesterday about a huge scale ramping up construction plan and then today go look at pictures of the same people hiding in a basement?

I mean come on, the juxtaposition of those two ideas, being promoted by the same leadership, in the same 24 hour period? Incredible.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Something that has plenty of windows on one side and could easily be converted into a coffee shop or clothing store or the like.

It only needs to be a KH for one night and Sunday morning each week. The rest of the week it can be an Apple Store.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Bill the Ex-Bethelite: "The rest of the week it can be an Apple Store."

Will they get the most money by selling it or by renting/leasing it?

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

insidethKh never answers that question. He is an apostate himself. He does not adhere to Listen Obey and be blessed.

The fact is if his family and congregation members knew he was registered and posted here, they would disown him. Its ok though, we will still accept you here :)

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger
    They are taking a line from the middle ages- monuments  of modern day magnificence .Imagery  through the power of their god's holy spirit - a testament to the awesomeness of a divine construct which no human can destroy. Munificence of J and the effulgence( read 'new l.e.d') that illumnates,educates and spiritualizes  the villagers. Emanating from  the 7 trumpeting,  collective ,raunchy rumps of a benevolent, faithful and discreet slave.
  • cleanideas
    cleanideas
    Just ignore insidetheKH, they are clearly a JW troll.  I've seen this before, a super crazed JW comes on a website like this, trolls around, and leaves.  Let them be a slave of ignorance, a good punishment for them.  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit