EX JW who are now Born Again Christians?

by imnottheonlyone! 83 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gill:Such is the luck of the draw.
    Whoever said that life had to be fair?

So, in your cellar, is the pullcord for the light on the left or the right?

• Gill
    Gill

I don't know. I'm still feeling around for it and haven't found it yet.

Maybe I should have brought my torch!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Little Toe:

You are so right. Being BORN AGAIN has nothing to do with religion you are. What it means is that you are born again in a christian spirit and you will try, always, to do the best that you can. It means a commitment. It does *not* mean that you can mess up time and again, and expect forgiveness. All it means is that you have accepted the Christ as your savior, and you will try your hardest to live the life he lived, meaning honesty, integrity, etc. What's wrong with that? There is no specified RELIGION.

We, as JW's, have been taught that you HAVE to belong to a certain belief so you can live. We are taught to TRY as hard as we can to live the life that Christ represented to us. WE, as JWs were taught we have to put in so many hours, each time per month, so we could assure our salvation, when Christ doesn't even MENTION that. He talks about "fishers of men" .. yes. But that means that we should live our lives in harmony with Christian values and that people would SEE that and want to be like that. There is no requirement that we put in so many hours.. that's just the JW hogwash. Our relationship with Christ is between us and HIM.

CG

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

CG:Why don't we turn this into a Christian vs Christian debate?
    LOL

I agree that it's a personal relationship, and that commitment to Christ is involved, however I don't belief it's commensurate with effort.
    I do believe you can mess up time after time after time (7 x 70 + some) and be forgiven.

If the Spirit isn't in it, leading the contention with the flesh, surely it's just flesh against mind?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit