Ex dubbies everywhere

by Buster 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Buster
    Buster

So I'm having dinner in a bar here in Olympia. Someone said something about cults. Then somebody else mentioned Jehovah's Witnesses.

To my right, the woman's ex-inlaws were all dubs. She studied on and off for a while. She is stilled appalled at the coldness family members will show to other DF's family members.

To her right, the guy's mother and her family were dubs - including 3 annointed and a CO. He grew up in it and left as a teenager.

It made for a great night's conversation.

Anybody else run into ex-dubs?

• Odrade
    Odrade

Yeah, a woman I went to school with. Her sister was involved with the JWs for a number of years. I don't think it's all that unusual to run into someone who has had personal or family dealings with them... especially here in the PacNW--one of the higher ratios of JW pops in the country.

Weird though to find three totally unrelated individuals with no prior history to each other sitting at one bar. It must be JEHOVAH'S SPIRIT!

• Jez
    Jez

Last summer, I was lying on the beach, this woman walked up to me and started talking, I quickly noticed that she was a witness from my ex congregation. She said, "Don't worry, I left the religion too"
    We had a great conversation.

• undercover
    undercover

I run into the pretend dubbies. You know, they go to meetings and assemblies, share in some token field service, but at night or on weekends you see them in the clubs and bars around town, drinking too much, being worldly. Usually guys with their pals, hitting on girls while their wives are at home babysitting.

Here are so-called Christian Witnesses living the same lifestyle that they condem the world for living and yet I'm the one looked down on because I became inactive and sometimes speak my mind about inconsistancies in the JW teachings. Yet these guys will show up at the meeting the next day and gossip how they saw me with "worldly" people and drag my name through the mud and then they'll answer at the WT study. Hypocrites.

• franklin J
    franklin J

I do not run into them. Contact with this website is the first time I have encountered ANY ex Jws. It was a thrill.

I live in a suburb of New York and would have expected there to be more; but in my 20 years being outside the JW sphere of influence I have not encountered any.

• Buster
    Buster

Other ex-dubbie sightings:

My son's best friend's mother is an exJW from Pittsburgh - 3rd generation no less

One of my daughter's best friends mother is an exJW.

Everywhere I tell you, everywhere.

• Swan
    Swan

One of the things I find so insidious about the shunning policies of the JWs is that it continues to alienate us and disperse us long after we are out. It is the Watchtower's version of the Tower of Babel, but the Internet is starting to become a great networking tool for reuniting scattered exJWs.

Tammy

• avishai
    avishai

so I'm @ the burning man fest this yr., and I hear the lady in the camp nxt to me say" My BF is ALL F'd up, he's an xjw. He and I had a great time partying like rockstars the rest if the week

• holly
    holly

Excuse my ignorance. whats a dub, or dubbie and whats a co?

• undercover
    undercover

dub or dubbie = Jehovah's Witness or JW or W or dub or dubbie get it?

CO circuit overseer traveling overseer comes to visit once every six months. It's a special week of activity, er, guilt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit