Did I get caught??

by fairchild 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think you had a paranoia jag. I know I had it when I started posting here, looking over my shoulder, wondering when I would get "caught". After a while, I considered what the worst outcome would be, and realized I could live with the consequences.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    It's also possible that a JW works at Barnes and Noble and accidentally became aware that you had ordered Crisis of Conscience.

OOhhhh *goes into hiding*. I doubt it though. I live way out in the middle of nowhere, Barnes and Noble is too far away for people from the KH where I go to work there. But then, you never know.

I think you had a paranoia jag. I know I had it when I started posting here, looking over my shoulder, wondering when I would get "caught". After a while, I considered what the worst outcome would be, and realized I could live with the consequences.

You know what? I think you are probably right. But it still remains strange that nobody at all has contacted me.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    After a while, I considered what the worst outcome would be, and realized I could live with the consequences.

For me, my sister would skip that once or twice a year call and my mother would skip that once-every-3-years phone call.

On the up side... I could finally get on with my life (at middle age!) now that I know the truth about 'the truth'. And start really cherishing those relationships that are not so conditional.

Take my new career seriously. Maybe even join SilentLambs - a cause that I believe in.

Also, the child abuse & child sexual abuse issues are what caused me to start my fade in the first place.

Poo on them!

-Aude.

• Panda
    Panda

If you've been around JWs for a long time then paranoia is normal. They constantly look for signs of demons and worldliness. Everything becomes suspect at some point. Sheesh a more superstitious group you won't find.

• under74
    under74
    I think you are probably right. But it still remains strange that nobody at all has contacted me.

Don't worry so much about it. Life goes on and gets a whole lot better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit