Did I get caught??

by fairchild 14 Replies latest jw friends

• fairchild
    fairchild

I meant to inform the JW's that I have decided to stop my bible study and to stop attending the meetings. The real strange thing is that I have not heard anything from any of my JW friends at all in over 2 weeks now. This has never happened before. Usually, when I miss a meeting, at least 2 people call to inquire about the reason of my absence. Over two weeks now, I have not gone to the meetings, nobody called and the person who was conducting my study has not shown up twice in a row. Total silence.

If anyone who knows me would read "My story"- the thread I introduced myself with on this site, then they would know for a fact that it was me, considering the fact that it includes the story of my life, which is rather an unusual tale. Should someone still have doubts, the name 'fairchild' serves as an extra confirmation, as it is the name of the road I live on.

So I'm starting to think that some JW's who go to the same KH as me, frequent this site, or perhaps I am just being paranoid, but the silence is strange.

On a sidenote: Barnes and Noble called this morning to let me know that my book 'Crisis Of Conscience" has arrived. A few times now, I have read on this site about people who can't seem to get their hands on the book for various reasons. If anyone wants to read it, I'll be happy to share. Send me a pm with a mailing address where I can send it to, and I will send it to you after I'm done reading it (as long as you send it back to me).

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

perhaps I am just being paranoid, but the silence is strange.
    well I hope you don't bother caring about the fact that they know about you posting here ... (there is nothing they can do to you)
  • eyeslice
    eyeslice

No - probably just JW apathy.

Eyeslice

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Maybe, but consider how much fluff they'd have to read through before randomly finding your posts, and deciding it was you. Do you think a "good" JW would be willing to roam around on every apostate board that throughly, just to determine if someone that isn't even baptized is poking around on apostate sites?

It's possible, but unlikely. If I recall, you've been studying for 18 months, which makes you a "slow learner" in their book. Someone has probably told your study conductor to drop you and move on to someone that's more "productive". You'll probably get a call in a few weeks to see how you're doing and if you'd like to start your study again. But they will impose some sort of rule on you, like you have to come to the sunday meeting, or something. (I'm totally serious, I've heard -- and probably participated in -- these exact conversations with people out in field service.)

If only they'd just stop calling ME and leave ME alone! ;-)

Dave

• viperfje
    viperfje

You probably did!!! Can't ya just feel the love? oh! by the way,,I borrowed that book from my son and could not put it down....talk about eye opening!! He got his copy from Ray Franz who lives here in Georgia..

Here's a thought....if Ray and the others that are mentioned in that book are apostates and trying to draw peeps away to start a sect, then why have NONE of them started there own religion..and why do ALL of them still love the brothers and sisters . Maybe they are practicing what a christian really should be..

• fairchild
    fairchild
    (almostatheist) It's possible, but unlikely. If I recall, you've been studying for 18 months, which makes you a "slow learner" in their book. Someone has probably told your study conductor to drop you and move on to someone that's more "productive". You'll probably get a call in a few weeks to see how you're doing and if you'd like to start your study again. But they will impose some sort of rule on you, like you have to come to the sunday meeting, or something.

Heh, You're probably mistaking me for Holly, I just read on here last night that she has been studying for 18 months. No, it is a lot worse for me, I have been studying for 20 years (oops), if they call 18 months a slow learner, I wonder what they call 20 years? Idiot savant maybe? lol. I'm on of those eternal students who goes to all the meetings but hasn't gotten around to get baptized, because I smoke and can't quit.

It really is unusual to not hear anything at all, because usually not a day goes by or I talk to at least someone from the KH, many of us hang out, and do all kinds of stuff together.

But you are right, why would someone check up on a person who is not even baptized.. I was more thinking that some people (JW's) I know hang out on this site and perhaps accidentally saw my posts.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    (viperfje) ,,I borrowed that book from my son and could not put it down....talk about eye opening!! He got his copy from Ray Franz who lives here in Georgia..

Darn, can I get a signed copy or something? My own book (not about JW's or religion though) will be on the market in November of 2006, tell him I will trade and give him a signed copy of mine. I'm serious!

Viperfje, welcome to JWD, grab a chair and make yourself right at home. Nice to meet you!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Idiot savant maybe?

That's what my wife's gonna call me when she reads about my mix-up! Except she'll preface it with "freaking" and drop the "savant"...

20 years of association would count for something, but if you take a stand -- ala "I really don't think this is for me" -- don't expect to get invited to the next get-together. JW love is all conditional. Love the Watchtower and all who love it. Everybody else is on their own.

Dave

• fairchild
    fairchild
    That's what my wife's gonna call me when she reads about my mix-up! Except she'll preface it with "freaking" and drop the "savant"...

20 years of association would count for something, but if you take a stand -- ala "I really don't think this is for me" -- don't expect to get invited to the next get-together. JW love is all conditional. Love the Watchtower and all who love it. Everybody else is on their own.

When she reads about your mix-up? What did I miss?

Yes, I know. I'm not standing by the mailbox to see if that invitation arrives. I went out for lunch yesterday with one of my 'worldly' friends. He asked "shouldn't you be at the KH?", so I explained to him how JW's probably won't associate with me anymore after hearing about my decision of not being a part of the WTS. So he asked about so-and-so, several JW's I usually hang out with a lot. I told him this will probably be a thing of the past. He was very shocked and didn't understand it at all. Thought I was going to have to draw a picture.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

It's also possible that a JW works at Barnes and Noble and accidentally became aware that you had ordered Crisis of Conscience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit