Just my thoughts on Dunsscot

by JT 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

Dun

Welcome to this site- after thinking about it for awhile and reading through all 7 pages I have come to the conclusion that actually it is a good thing that you have chosen to use some pretty large words on these threads-

While I in noway understood half of what you have written-- I am IMPRESSED- I started thinking-- Where would a person like this fit into WT World esp if you are a male

As I mentioned I would in no way challenge you along the lines of going tip for tap on the use of big words- but there is one thing I do know and know very well being a Former Society Man

And that is how you would fit or should I say not fit in WT World

Since "Advanced" education has never been a strong feature among jw as an organization and esp those who venture into the area of "Philosophy" I sat here smiling as I read your post

You see I come to this board from an entirely different angle than most- I rarely ever argue or debate here – as I stated from the first day I came here – I've spent 30yrs arguing over whether Jesus died on a "Lightpole or Telephone Pole" so BEEN THERE DONE THAT

I'm thinking to myself being a former Society Man what would happen if he used these types of words on the School or in one of his service meeting parts or perhaps the public talk- and Lord have mercy if he were to use these words in his talk at the Circuit or District convention – I could just see you Quoting one of these "Wordly Men" in a comment during the WT Study- the friends or should I say YOUR Friends would just look at you out the corner of their eye- how sad

What would happen to him – how would he be viewed

You see the WT org has always prided itself on BEING DIFFERENT FROM other religions including manner and way in which speakers give talks

I recall Carey Barber one morning at bethel breakfast Dogging the priest for doing the services in LATIN- he made the point that in some poor ignorant country where the avg education was less than the 5th grade the members would be impressed but wouldn't understand a thing

So I'm thinking to myself if you were to avg the education of 6 million + jw would it come out to be about 7th grade- so I keep asking myself --where would "dun" FIT IN AMONG such a group

HE WOULD NOT-

so I've come to the conclusion that you too are another OUTCAST from your Hall-
    we seem to have guys like you coming here vry often and I can understand why – for at least you get some Mental exercise

You appear to be very intelligent , well educated but among your "Circle" aka jw - you are Dirt

In fact you would be viewed as being "Spirtually Weak" proud even perhaps- and why
    Just because you had a desire to learn some words a little larger and deeper than what is found in the WT mags- how sad for a religion to dog a man such as you merely because you learned material from a souce that they didn't say it was OK too – so sad

OF COURSE I thought perhaps he would not use such words around the friends, but I recall when my wife and I started by going to college- the mental challenge that advanced education promotes is so exciting that you need as the bible says IRON TO SHARPEN IRON
    And as someone else had commented --it has got to feel good to be able to dialog with guys and gals who can go tip for tap even if you don't agree with them

I recall some of the debates in some of the college classes we took last yr – afterward even though you didn't agree with the guy you became friends cause you both could think on the same level

Well all of us here know that the level you are operating on simply is not found in a Kingdom Hall.

I dare say if you can count 10 folks in your circuit who could carry on the conversation that has been going on here.

While I see many others here Dogging you as it were for ducking this issue or that issue

I don't much fault you – if someone was throwing a brick at my head I would duck too

But I actually feel SORRY FOR YOU-- let's look at SOME FACTS:

You belong to a organization that has told you, directed you , forbidden you under penalty of Dfing for merely being here, in fact the same org that you defend so sincerely would shaft you --if you were caught here, and why

Well according to the mouth pc of GOD the FDS to hang out with Apostates is a direct violation of the Word of God, but as we can see YOU ARE HERE

Now here comes the kicker:

For a person who belongs to such "Closed " org with no Open Freedom in this area of being able to hang out with the dfed, DA, apostates to then come to the very forum that he is BANNED from and to ask

" IS THERE ANY FREEDOM HERE" is truly sad

So like I mentioned-- for me-- I feel sorry for YOU guy

Just imagine folks if this thread with all his comments were cut and pasted and sent to his CO his A$$ would be Grass

So sad indeed FOR HERE WE have a man perhaps who appears to enjoy digging into the deeper things of learning would be COMPLETELY shut down and classed as unspiritual merely because of his desire to learn- now that is so sad when you belong to a RELIGION that treat you like that

You see DUN what you and many others fail to realize is that you are not dialoging with bible studies---many of us here not only Enforced WT rules, policies and regulations we help create them due to where were served in this Org.

There are many of us here who know Org procedures like THE BACK OF YOUR HAND-

BUT I WILL pose 2 questions to you and they both are related to the WT stance on matters

1. Are you serving as an elder?

I will even tell you why I ask – according to the WT head spokesman my boy JR Brown this is a quote --the Official position on what is says about those male members who hold no titles:

Paducah Sun 1-28-01

"because of the church's structure, the fact that such a
    member, if male, who would have fewer rights in the congregation, would not be serving in a leadership role would alert members that "he obviously lacks spiritual maturity."

You see I asked "Where would a man like yourself fit into WT?"-- I just wanted to know if you fit

2. Do you agree with this statement from the FDS about "Harboring Private understandings of the bible"

Aug 1- 2001

First, since “oneness” is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and “the faithful and discreet slave.”

Thanks

James

• Maximus
    Maximus

Great to hear from you!

We need to connect, check your e-mail.

Max

• JT
    JT

will do

• larc
    larc

JT,

It's good to have you back. I hope things are going well for you.

My thoughts about Duns are similiar to yours. It seems to me that if he used the kind language used here, at the kingdom hall, he would be a social isolate. He may be an introverted intellectual to begin with so lack of interpersonal interaction may not bother him. He loves the world of ideas, but I think he has distanced himself from the emotional and personal damage that those ideas can cause. Double 006 made an interesting post about the psychological dynamics of one of Duns favorite philosophers, Kirkegard. It may be that Duns shares those dynamics with this philosopher. These are inferences on my part, but they do seem to add up.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

ha ha guy, you kick ass.. lol

You appear to be very intelligent , well educated but among your "Circle" aka jw - you are Dirt

Well according to the mouth pc of GOD the FDS to hang out with Apostates is a direct violation of the Word of God, but as we can see YOU ARE HERE

Now here comes the kicker:

For a person who belongs to such "Closed " org with no Open Freedom in this area of being able to hang out with the dfed, DA, apostates to then come to the very forum that he is BANNED from and to ask

" IS THERE ANY FREEDOM HERE" is truly sad

So like I mentioned-- for me-- I feel sorry for YOU guy

Just imagine folks if this thread with all his comments were cut and pasted and sent to his CO his A$$ would be Grass

Nice to see you around again

Path

• JT
    JT

It's good to have you back. I hope things are going well for you.

#######
    things are coming along very well, thanks for asking- i'm so sorry that we could not make that connection, but we will try it again

My thoughts about Duns are similiar to yours. It seems to me that if he used the kind language used here, at the kingdom hall, he would be a social isolate.

######## we agree- at the end of the day you really can't help but feel sorry for a guy like this- inhis desire to defend his masters the would chew him up and spit him out-
    now that is sad.

personally i hope that he stays for his post only provide lurkers the chance to see what happens when a person can't defend his belief

they will hide behind big words that in the real world of being a jw trying to make all the meeetings , keep up with all thier reading has very little value to the poor sister with 3 kids who is told she misses to many meetings

but it is entertaining

smile

james

• JT
    JT

path

i got to call a spade a spade- like i mentioned i feel sorry for this dude-- he is like a man with no country--

it must be so refeshing to practice using big words since he never gets to use them at the hall

he might as well stay around at least unlike at the hall some of us understand what he is saying

• Francois
    Francois

Showy sesquipedalianism proves nothing about the adept's intellect, but speaks volumes about their ego.

Francois

Where it is a duty to worship the Sun you can be sure that a study of the laws of heat is a crime.

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

Dear Jim,

I'll tell more about myself later. Let us just say that at times I am disappointed in some respects with the religion of my youth. I do not wish to air all of my feelings here, however. I keep a waiting attitude, hoping things will be rectified in God's own due time. More on that later.

You write:

:There are many of us here who know Org procedures like THE BACK OF YOUR HAND-

BUT I WILL pose 2 questions to you and they both are related to the WT stance on matters

1. Are you serving as an elder?

I will even tell you why I ask – according to the WT head spokesman my boy JR Brown this is a quote --the Official position on what is says about those male members who hold no titles:

Paducah Sun 1-28-01

"because of the church's structure, the fact that such a
    member, if male, who would have fewer rights in the congregation, would not be serving in a leadership role would alert members that "he obviously lacks spiritual maturity.":

I am not currently serving as an elder. I stopped serving a few years ago, and I have not reached out since. There were a number of issues that hindered my reaching out. Education is only part of the problem. The fact is, I lost my desire to serve. But I've actually thought about reaching out again in recent months. I just have to resolve certain things in my mind.

:You see I asked "Where would a man like yourself fit into WT?"-- I just wanted to know if you fit:

2. Do you agree with this statement from the FDS about "Harboring Private understandings of the bible"

Aug 1- 2001

First, since “oneness” is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and “the faithful and discreet slave.":

I do not think I advocate or insist on "personal opinions." Admittedly, I do have certain ideas about particular areas of Witness doctrine. But maybe it might be better to say that I have lots of questions about my beliefs. However, I've learned that there are some beings who will never stop questioning. I have questioned teachings of the Society ever since I've been a Witness. As I've grown older my bones have started to creak, I'm still inquiring and seeking the truth. This is not to say that I do not think I'm a part of an/the organization God is using. Sometimes I just not sure whether God has an organization, or whether as one theologian wrote, the ecclesia of God USES organizations and institutions. At any rate, I am just not satisfied with an all out rejection of the Cyprianic formula that has guided the Roman Church for many years, and I've actually tried to reconcile Cyprian's famed formula with Acts 4:12. It may be best to say with Ignatius, 'Where Christ is, there is the church.' Then again, Schillebeeckx and Moltmann say the church is the anamnesis of salvation.

Still in process,
    Dan

Duns the Scot

• larc
    larc

Duns,

It is nice to see the human side of that good mind of yours.

I did't look up that scripture, but Igantious' statement reminds me of the scripture, "Where two or more are gathered in my name, etc."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit