i know this has been talked about. but isn't wearing JW.org stuff idol worship

by goingthruthemotions 23 Replies latest jw friends

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

So i am getting really frustrated...i see Jdub's wearing JW.org items and 

think to myself. Isn't this idol worship. respond if you like...i just want some 

straight up opinions. i believe truely it is idol worship...what a cult

worse mistake of my life was joining this cult....if i could turn back time.

shalom

• sir82
    sir82

Every argument that I can think of, regarding why someone shouldn't wear a cross, also applies to JWs wearing a website pin.

"Pagan origin" doesn't count, because what about other "pagan origin" things that JWs wear or do, without issue? Wedding rings, baptism, etc.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I would say its idolatry but no one else in the dubland  seems to think anything of it. I've seen mugs and pins and pens and cakes with the the jw logo. Someone even had a jw.org reef on their door.
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree

No.

It is advertising.  Shows club membership to other JW's, allows for "witnessing" opportunities to the inquiring non-JW.

Gaudy and distasteful relegation of a religious faith to a brand ... but then again, it is a cult.

• Stirred
    Stirred
    I can't hide my uneasiness and find it puzzling why others are so eager to lap up this fad.  What is worse to me are those rushing to cash in on the business end of making these doodads to sell to all the eager JW consumers.  Advertise the Kingdom Organization (JW.org)!
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Its really no different than when en-route to an assembly placing watch tower and awake magazines in the back window of your car. You could identify other members going to the assembly on the free way. In this case they are playing with fire promoting anything on the net.
  • tidalblitz
    tidalblitz
    I think that wearing the logo can be considered as a form of idol worship. I mean, you're not even supposed to wear clothes that display the brand name so how can wearing the brand of your religion NOT be considered idol worship.
  • freemindfade
  • zeb
    zeb
    I recall the wt going against the use of the tetragrammaton in pendants on cars for all the blah blah reasons.
  • Honesty
    Honesty
    When 'worldly' people who have never set foot inside a kingdom hall say that when they see a Jehovah's Witness wearing that junk and see it on local kingdom hall property the first thing that comes to mind is the golden calf you can bet that almost every one who sees that junk except gung-ho JW's recognize the idolatry. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit