Unforgivable Sin?

by Low-Key Lysmith 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Personally, this has always mystified me. How can anything possibly ever be done that is so bad as to be unforgivable in the eyes of the God of the Bible, when he forgave King Ahab for his unbelievable atrocities. The man was a fiend, yet God chose to restore him to power.

Nothing about the 'sinning against the Holy Spirit as the unforgivable sin' makes any sense in light of the story of King Ahab.

Jean

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

This was something that bothered me for years. I never really knew what THE actual sin against the Holy Spirit (especially as we were taught that it was an active force like electricity) and as far as I knew---if this was the worst POSSIBLE thing we could do---why wasn't it clarified, and OFTEN, so as not to miss it?

In my own feeble mind, wouldn't it be reprehensible to call ones self a Christian, and then turn your nose up on the "emblems" that we were told to accept, and to totally disregard the whole reason for Christ's being here----to conquer death by his resurrection that would show us that he really was who he said he was?

The WTS can rename their hideous cult to "Jehovah's Christian Witnesses" or whatever the official title is, but it doesn't change a thing. At all. Just one more ploy to attract those who like the word "Christian" in the name of their religion. The wolves in sheep's clothing as it were. Nasty, slimy, destructive wolves.

They are denying the Christ--are setting themselves up to be gods--and are most definetly sinning against the Holy Spirit.

God'll get'em for THAT!

Annie

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    The wolves in sheep's clothing as it were. Nasty, slimy, destructive wolves.

Don't sugar coat it, Annie. Tell us how you really feel...

Jean

*agrees wholheartedly*

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**Don't sugar coat it, Annie. Tell us how you really feel...

If I used the words that I'm REALLY thinking-----I'd be banned for everything you CAN be banned for on here! (grin)

There's a very angry wild boar under my hamster facade!

Annie

• onacruse
    onacruse

The only unforgivable sin is one for which you can't forgive yourself.

For example: "sinning against the holy spirit" is the biblical definition of the unforgivable sin. But when was the last time that anyone had a communication from 'the holy spirit' that they had so sinned? Perhaps Acts 5, but other than that, purely anecdotal and conjectural.

God works in mysterious ways, eh?

• heathen
    heathen

Yah that's always been a tuff one , people seem to have their own opinions on what it means . It would seem that it applies to those that received holy spirit but used it to deceive and manipulate or one that refused to use it as instructed such as the parable of the workers that received a coin and one buried it and returned it ,when asked what he did with it and showed no profit he was condemned along with the one that spent it and had nothing whatsoever to show for it . mathew 12 :37 kinda sums it up but having trouble finding the parable . Today though it seems there is another way to be condemned and that is worshipping the beast of revelation and not one of them is written in the book of life .

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It's a simple matter, one of the most important verses in the Bible.

Fore-given what ? Why and what is it that God gives, even beforehand? Any parent knows that love nourishes - God fore-gives love, this is growth for people, spiritual growth - " God who gives the growth"

It is known that the 'word' spoken by the wtbts is often not holy, and the spiritual retardation is plainly obvious. If the word (husband/spirit) that you say is so, is against the Holy Spirit, it remains that you will not grow, now or ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As for the jehovah of the wtbts, I do not bow down to their god, not now, not ever, so as far as I'm concerned, this business of "every knee shall bend" kind of debunks the 'jehovah god' as not being the one in the Bible.

• holly
    holly

well ive always puzzled over this.....still dont know for sure. but i thought it maybe could be for those who actually saw miracles take place, then turned their back on god. kind of like seeing the red sea parted (lets face it, who would be in any doubt there was something a wee bit supernatural about that) then disobeying god after that. for those people, if that wasnt enough to convince them God was on their side, then nothing would be. If i was backed up against the sea with all my enemies on my tail, and the sea opened up and parted, id be pretty confident God was on my side.

• Carmel
    Carmel

No sin is unforgivable! Comitt the worst sin and wait seven years. All the cells in your body are replace by then and you are a different person than the one the "committed the sin". Easy huh?

carmel

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    But I was wondering if I am really off-base here, or if there is a scripture that says something about not being forgiven for declaring yourself an athiest? Can any of you bible scholars out there help me out?

well, Hitler was no atheist - in fact, he loved God. so i guess God will forgive him for that little stunt he pulled that caused the deaths of millions of innocent people. (God is weird.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit