Big News on Shroud of Turin

by Amazing1914 35 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Six,

I've always admired your level of smartassness. Are you sure we're not related? My dad got around in his younger years. Can you shoot spit wads with just a curled tongue?

Dave

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Dave,

The age of the cloth is irrelevant. The image, as a relief transfer is impossible.

I did not say I believe that the cloth is an image of Christ ... rather, I was chiding the JWs for being so sure of themselves because of the 1988 report which is now proven to be false.

By the way, notice the photo-negative effect of the shroud. Modern experts are beside themselves to explain how such an old work of art could be done in perfect photo-negative ... and since the whole cloth shows front, sides and back of the image ... modern computer experts have been able to create a perfect positive 3-D image.

Now, given that the relief transfer is impossible as you say ... then how did the artist create a 3-D negative? That is what I am really interested in ... especially a work that clearly has to be done no later than the 8th century.

By the way, if you saved my work phone ... give me a call sometime during the week. I am two hours in the future. - Jim

• Carmel
    Carmel

JW's accept carbon dating? Since when?

carmel

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Carmel,

JW's accept carbon dating? Since when?

As long as the dating does not exceed 6,000 years back, the JWs are fine with carbon dating. Once it goes back, say 9,800 years (Kennewick man) then they suddenly find all kinds of problems with C-14 dating.

• seven006
    seven006

***By the way, notice the photo-negative effect of the shroud. Modern experts are beside themselves to explain how such an old work of art could be done in perfect photo-negative ... and since the whole cloth shows front, sides and back of the image ... modern computer experts have been able to create a perfect positive 3-D image. ***

Jim,

Could you link me to information where this is discussed? Painting a negative image is not that difficult. Modern experts should have a sit down with a few professional artists. All us artists are not as dumb as we look no matter how hard we try to keep that stereotype intact. It's been quite a while since I have read the findings about the shroud. Once I read they found iron oxide in the pigment in the cloth it wasn't that hard for me to understand how it was created. With just a little talent a good artist can make anything seem mysterious and or authentic. Talented artisans have been creating fake artifacts for centuries. It is very profitable. It's all in how far one can twist and bend his mind and create an illusion and also have knowledge of the chemical makeup of the object being forged and what time will do to that chemical make up.

I hope you don't think I am picking on you lately. I find very little topic wise to respond to on the board as of late. I can always count on you to discuss something of substance. Fluff is great and needed for some in the healing process but I find it better if I keep out of it. The scripture quoting stuff also is of no interest to me.

I wrote your number down but in staying consistent in the messy desk, sharp mind theory, I'm sure it has vanished among a mountain of pastel colored post it notes. It might even have been eaten by the army of demons my parent think float around my head all day. I liked it better when they thought I was just a lust filled sex fiend instead of an evil god hating apostate. We all grow and move on for christ sakes.

Send me a PM with your number and I'll go out and buy an old fashion writing utensil and actually put it in my old fashioned rolodex. I have been buried in work lately but I will try and find time to call.

Take care.

Dave

• gumby
    gumby

SHROUD ICON Your all wrong.....this is without a doubt the Zig Zag man. Go into your local convienient store and ask for some rolling papers and look at the dude on the cover. It's him!

Everyone knows Jesus took off as soon as he was wrapped and put in that cave . He went and preached to the spirits in the dark places.....remember? If he woulda worn those cloths, he woulda scared the piss out of the demunz when he preached to them......so he went naked I'm thinkin and the shrowd just laid there in the dirt in the cave till he snuck back in his buriel cave and put his cloths back on so's he could appear to some when he was resurrected......ya damn buncha dummies!

Gumby

• PinTail
    PinTail

Question: Why does the image have to be Jesus, it could be anyone, or no one for that matter just like the weird images the Catholics see in trunks of trees or on their bed posts and crape like that.

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Pintail,

Why does the image have to be Jesus, ...

Good point. It doesn't have to be Jesus. The Shroud of Turin is accepted by Roman Catholic tradition, and most Catholics. But, for some reason, the Watchtower Society felt that they needed to refute the tradition ... but in doing so, they used false logic and bad test data. - Jim W.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

The bottom line is even if you can prove the shrouds age, it still comes down to faith. Wasn't it the Catholics that were worshipping some piece of cheese toast because it had the image of the Virgin Mary? I wonder if a person whipped their butt on it, would it cure their hemorrhoids

Will

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Scripture tells us that Jesus had a separate head piece and that the burial cloths were in two sections, the head and face being separate, case closed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit